Jump to content

TechWhiz

Members
  • Posts

    139
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TechWhiz

  1. Yes, they should be commended. I didn't have high hopes because my previous interactions with other manufacturers were less than stellar. The response was rapid and comprehensive. Above everything else, it was successful 😄.
  2. It is the API level ntg6/081 version of the software. Based on what I could tell from the navigation, the original date was 2019, and the most recent upgrade was in 2019. In addition to posting here, I messaged Mercedes, and they responded with a really useful response. They claim that future over-the-air updates will not occur if there have been problems with earlier ones. Next time, the update should be automatic, but for now, I'll have to manually apply it. I now have a complete upgrade on a USB stick, and the instructions were really detailed, which is unusual these days. My next step is to locate an adaptor that will allow the USB stick to connect to the USB c port in my vehicle. Finally, I'm almost there. By the way, my car doesn't have an SD card.
  3. I appreciate your response. It is a B Class from 2019. The version is unknown to me, but it's MBUX. Where can I look for this? I do in fact own the Mercedes Me app.
  4. A fresh map update "will be downloaded automatically over the air and installed without visiting a dealer," according to an email I received from Mercedes. A comparable email has previously been sent to me. If it does occur, how can I tell? How can I determine the version number to see if it's up-to-date? I have not yet found it, despite my best efforts.
  5. Strange, I'm delighted for you that you're satisfied with your automobile.
  6. You should begin by doing a fault code scan. In the absence of a code scan, it is only possible that the problem is a broken vacuum pipe.
  7. I heard that in order to burn off residues, the platinum wire is briefly heated to 1000 degrees on certain MAFs. Are 642 MAFs affected by this?
  8. I got rid of it entirely. For what reason are you enquiring? I used a little endoscope to see beneath the turbo intake pipe and make sure that the big and small orange seals were back on there properly. The green seal aluminium pipe is leak-proof.
  9. I recently replaced the oval batwing seals. Had a power outage while out for a trip; the vehicle wouldn't rev beyond 3,000 and stayed in lower gear for longer. Presumably, this is a passive mode. Procuring the subsequent code: The "Hot film mass air flow sensor" component has a plausibility problem, which is the cause of the 14B200 fault. Got it cleared, however it returns after a moderate drive. Have completed this task multiple times. After giving it some thought, I spritzed the oval seals with a small layer of silicone lubricant. Even after checking all of the connections and wiring, I still haven't discovered the source of the batwing problem. It seems like the silicon spray might have gotten into the MAF somehow. The maf is going to be cleaned by me. Where can I find the best cleaning spray?When I was younger, I would use a spray that cleaned electrical contacts. Do you sell Liqui Moly on Amazon?
  10. I would certainly obtain a price from a local mobile PDR company instead than a body shop. Additionally, the independent entity might have CCTV installed within the workshop.
  11. https://www.hubauer-shop.de/en/thermostat-with-adapter-11517805811.html
  12. Adverse Houston. Exclusively authentic from BMW. With this component, any additional action is akin to self-sabotage. The majority of aftermarket variations, including Behr and Mahle, are identical inferior products manufactured in Italy.
  13. No original equipment exists for the main stat produced by Steyr, made in Austria. Obtain authenticity and exclusivity.
  14. I purchased a Wolfbox rearview dash cam. Functions exceptionally well. Significantly improved rear visibility and infrequently impacted by weather conditions. It is imprudent of Toyota designers to neglect rear visibility when the vehicle is stationary.
  15. Consistently scan and adhere to codes, using them as a reference. Additionally, you may assess a sensor with a multimeter and proceed with its replacement if necessary. This model appears to lack a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). A straightforward method to verify this is by examining the tire valves; if they are large and metallic, it is likely equipped with TPMS. Otherwise, the run-flat system depends on the wheel speed sensor to identify if one wheel is rotating slower than the others, triggering an alert. A dealer is not required; any reputable garage equipped with a proficient scanner can assist. Please provide your location, as some members here may be able to help if they are not too distant.
  16. Greetings. First and foremost, The purported mechanic is uninformed, as ninth-generation Civics lack tyre pressure sensors. The system responds to wheel speed anomalies through the ABS sensors. This is likely the reason for the illumination of the ABS warning lights, among others. Consult a knowledgeable professional to scan the ABS system and examine the reluctor rings and ABS wheel speed sensors, then proceed accordingly.
  17. One side of the oil filter should connect to the main vacuum pipe nipple. Proceed to the pressure converter, located at the position indicated by the red circle in the image. The single turbo side operates at the same pressure as the converter.
  18. This connector is intended for engines equipped with a DPF temperature sensor; however, some engines, like yours, do not possess this feature. Typically, 316 and 318d lack them. It will be equipped with an O2 sensor; I have yet to encounter an N47D20C without one. Positioned atop the vehicle's DPF unit, it connects via the auxiliary connector. Which hoover hoses? That age should possess only two vacuum pipes: one connecting the main vacuum pipe to the EGR cooler bypass pressure converter, and the other linking the converter to the bypass. Which EGR code has been generated?
  19. Regrettably, despite numerous additional efforts, I have made no progress. I reached the point when the ZLink app requested my phone's password, which I entered, but it failed to verify owing to a connection issue. Extremely exasperating. I am starting to suspect that the application is the issue.
  20. By the way, how can I verify or modify the state of the 'Client' mode?
  21. Thank you both; I will attempt it once more and see the outcome.
  22. Greetings and thank you for your reply. Regrettably, I have undergone that surgery numerous times without success. My phone is erroneously identifying both the new screen and 'Range Rover Evoque' as linked devices, leaving me uncertain on which to utilise; furthermore, WiFi connectivity is not established on either device. Furthermore, the new screen is equipped with two USB cables that are now stored in the glove compartment, leaving me uncertain whether to utilise one of these or the vehicle's USB for a wired connection; nonetheless, they remain unresponsive. I have purchased a WiFi dongle that likewise fails to connect to the head unit. Frustration!
  23. I have recently fitted a Chinese aftermarket infotainment screen in my 2018 SE Tech to enable Android Auto access and successfully paired my mobile phone over Bluetooth, providing audio services to my phone. Nevertheless, I am unable to establish a WiFi connection. I have attempted to adhere to the Android Auto connection guidelines within the application, consulted Google Gemini, and reviewed YouTube tutorials for assistance, yet none have advanced my progress. I can access the AA screen and several application logos, but upon selection, they attempt to open and then abruptly cease functioning due to a lack of connection. Does anyone else experience such issues or, preferably, a potential solution? Thank you
  24. It may be one of those elements "if installed."
×
×
  • Create New...