Oil change for R8 V8

Preparing the R8 for the spring season, so an oil change is necessary.

Given the high temperatures of 25°C and your need for maximum protection during hot spring  days, which of these options would be most suitable for my first R8?

Negative. As the surrounding temperature increases, it is advisable to use a more viscous oil to compensate for the loss in viscosity. If the origin of the OP is unknown, but continuously experiencing external temperatures of 45 degrees Celsius or above, it would be more suitable to use a motor oil with a weight of 10w50. There is no need to use oil with a viscosity as low as 5w. However, if you want to use 40 weight oil, it is important to monitor the temperature closely, since temperatures over 45 degrees Celsius are approaching the suggested maximum limit.

Over the weekend, I performed an oil change on my vehicle using the oil advised by Audi, namely Liquid Molly 5W40. It is worth noting that I reside in Phoenix, a location known for its intense heat.

I believe that a temperature of 45C+ (114F+) is not within the typical range for Phoenix.

I agree with Darrellll viewpoint that 10w50 seems to be a more suitable choice. I would advise contacting Audi directly to inquire about their recommended course of action.

Thank you for providing all the information, sir. I contacted my nearby automotive retailer and regrettably, they do not have a 10w-50 oil in their inventory. However, they do offer a 10w-40 and a 10w-60.

Which one is most suitable for me to utilise? The temperature in my location today reached 44 degrees Celsius, which is equivalent to 113 degrees Fahrenheit.

I am seeking the optimal oil to use in the R8 for these specific temperature conditions.

It is regrettable. Furthermore, Audi did not provide any assistance. I think Audi may have specified 10w60 oil at some time, maybe for the GT model, but I am uncertain of the specific years. It would be helpful to know the specific model year of your car and if it has been modified or used for track work. However, assuming you have a high-quality full synthetic oil, I would recommend trying the 10w40 viscosity for your vehicle. Monitor the temperature closely. Are you aware of the present temperatures you are observing?

The oil temperatures often fluctuate between 110 and 120 degrees during regular driving. I intend to purchase 5w-40 totally synthetic oil since I am having difficulty finding any 50 grade oil in stock.

These are the oils that are now accessible for immediate purchase.

Greetings

Audi recommends using 5W30 oil for the purpose of ensuring long-term durability.
You have the option to use the 5W40 oil with a consistent interval and it is recommended that you adhere to this schedule.
There should be no issues given they own 11.5 litres of oil for their V8 engine.

I have reservations about the suitability of the ravenol 10w50. I am unfamiliar with it. I recommend opting for the liquimoly 5w40 oil and closely monitoring the temperature if engaging in aggressive driving. A range of 110-120 is OK. If the reading exceeds 120, it is advisable to choose a high-quality 10w50 product.

At now, I cover around 200 miles annually in my vehicle, which is mostly kept in a garage and not used often. Considering the current cost of $1,100 for an oil/oil filter replacement performed by a dealer, what is the recommended frequency for oil changes?