Jump to content

TechWhiz

Members
  • Posts

    143
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TechWhiz

  1. The make and model of my automobile is a 2010 Mercedes E class 350 with a 3.0 V6 engine. The vehicle's MOT test resulted in a failure, mostly due to a fractured front coil spring. I purchased a new strut for £31.50, anticipating that it would be more cost-effective than hiring a garage to repair the spring. However, I discovered that the replacement strut is somewhat larger than the one that was originally installed in my vehicle. Consequently, I am now searching online once again, and it seems that I have located a similar replacement for about £70. I am currently contemplating hiring a garage to install a spring onto the existing strut. I do not need them to remove it from the car, as I have already done so myself and will be reattaching it. Could you please provide an estimate of how much it would cost for them to solely install the spring onto the strut? Alternatively, would it be more advisable for me to purchase a used replacement strut? Thank you.
  2. Certain versions, like as my 2016 model, are equipped with a start/stop module in place of a traditional battery. I lack knowledge about which models possess certain features and the reasons behind them.
  3. Interestingly, when I reset the codes on my vehicle, I was advised that if the issue reoccurs, I should switch off the ignition, wait for about a minute, and then start the vehicle again. Therefore, I am having the speed detectors replaced. My gearbox has been functioning perfectly once all the errors were cleared. Before that, it was experiencing the identical troubles as the initial poster. It seemed like the vehicle was stuck in 3rd gear and reverse was not engaging, along with other related problems. Consider exploring the codes and doing a reset to see if there is an other issue at play.
  4. Were any unusual warning lights such as ABS or ESP shown on the dashboard? Occasionally, the speed detectors may need replacement and might result in the symptoms seen in the gear box. Quality service is always valuable. My vehicle is scheduled for a MOT and gearbox repair on Monday, along with the replacement of speed detection devices, which is how I became aware of the gearbox issue.
  5. I can see all photos on Firefox. I can see the set in #1 on Chrome, but I cannot see the screenshot in #2 or the filter box in #4
  6. I have seen same visual issues on the SpeakEV topic, which evidently operates on the same forum platform.
  7. Images are not visible on Chromium and Chrome, however they appear while using Firefox. Specifically, I can see @iooi's #8 post image on Chromium, whereas the previous images do not display. I made an error. I was not authenticated on the website using Firefox. The photos vanished after I logged in. I realised I was not signed in when seeing the indentation of threaded answers in the postings, which was unfamiliar to me. I first believed that the rendering was done by FF, however it seems that my non-logged-in state was the cause. My Chromium browser behaves the same whether I am logged in or out.
  8. Rotate the steering wheel from one extreme end to the other many times while the engine is on.
  9. Valid observation! Had not considered that!
  10. The riding quality is exceptional. CDs are circular plastic discs that contain music, games, or videos. Despite working in IT, I do not like current technology such as streaming music. I want to keep things simple. The rain has resumed, so I anticipate more water entering. MeQ's suggestion about the windscreen seal was insightful, something I had not considered. If there were a drain, I would have expected it to enter from a different location, hence the Windscreen seal seems like a decent choice. Contemporary history The automobile has been in the possession of a collector and stored in a barn together with other vehicles in his collection, which I had the opportunity to see. He is selling the more contemporary items and retaining solely the items from the 70s and 80s. Previously uncertain, however the MOT history available online indicates that little miles have been driven in recent years. Put an end to that soon!
  11. Cheers - side window seals appear Sure. The windscreen seems to be in decent condition, but I will inspect it more closely later. The inside is in good condition, with just some scuffing on the driver's seat from regular use.
  12. Good morning, everyone. For those who haven't seen it yet, here is my recently acquired CL420, which I have also shown in other places. After contemplating for many months, I have now made the decision to proceed. I have identified several issues with my vehicle: a leak on the passenger side at the front near the top of the A pillar, potentially caused by a blocked sunroof drain; erratic behaviour of the interior lights, which do not consistently turn on or respond to the switches; and a malfunction in the rear parking sensor system, which currently only functions on one side. That's all I have discovered up to this point. I got her up on Saturday and have not had the opportunity to really examine anything yet. I plan to replace the radio with a period-correct CD device. Surprisingly, there is no CD changer in the trunk, but I don't mind having just a single-slot CD in the front - it's simpler in certain aspects. The MOT was just completed on Friday and the vehicle has been consistently in excellent condition for a few years, save for replacing the tyres a couple of years ago. The mileage is only 78,000 kilometres. The leak is the main concern due to the current rain, and I am uncertain about the potential further harm it may do. It is likely that the former owner stored it in a barn with other items and may not have been aware of its presence. The performance of the car is amazing - excited for many more kilometres ahead.
  13. A new engine may be acquired for around £4,000 in total. If not, the alternative would be to sell the current engine.
  14. What about the engine? Was there any vibration before shutting down?
  15. That's precisely what I did. Received a prompt response and they established an eBay listing.
  16. The eBay store is called Mercedes-Benz of Edinburgh and it sells various items. I purchased the hub and bearing assembly for my S205 vehicle at a cost of £174.
  17. I figured with a newish automobile the first would be free. .
  18. Not really, but with a relatively new automobile, absolutely.It is really bothersome to pay for tasks that I am fully capable of doing on my own.Without the book being stamped.I would refrain from visiting the place.
  19. Is it customary to incur a fee for a first service?What is meant by the term "interim"? I just purchased a one-year-old automobile from a private seller and am now driving it to Toyota for its first checkup.The estimated cost is £240.
  20. It seems that water has infiltrated the can bus system.
  21. I was not aware that any BMW models were equipped with Enhanced Flooded Battery (EFB). I had the understanding that all BMW vehicles used Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM) batteries. Is the banner battery a BMM battery?
  22. As previously said, I am unable to assist with the alternate engine search. However, I recommend revisiting the fundamental checks that one would typically expect a garage to do. The two diagnostic procedures that are often used in the automotive industry are the cylinder compression test and the coolant system pressure test. The scope being referred to in this context is the oscilloscope. There is a possibility that... Indeed, it is feasible to do relative compression tests using the appropriate components. And check the various engine orifices for pressure pulses.. Although not always certain, these clues typically provide guidance on the appropriate direction to pursue. If one intends to allocate funds towards a certain endeavour, it is quite likely that the current engine will need to be removed. It is possible that the issue you are experiencing might be attributed to a potential egr cooler leak. The detection of cracked blocks, cylinder heads, or gasket failure may be accomplished by the use of pressure testing.
  23. After reviewing the provided information, it is understood that the vehicle in question is now in the possession of a specialist. Consequently, it may be inferred that all relevant tests that are feasible to do have likely been performed. The assessment of the head gasket condition lacks sufficient evidence, since there is no mention of the findings obtained from compression testing. Have these tasks been completed? Is it possible for them to be accomplished? I believe that a proficient scope technician have the capability to provide a more comprehensive understanding of the origin of exhaust gas pollution inside the cooling system. The assertion that the vehicle in question has sufficient power and exhibits satisfactory driving performance raises questions in my mind. Regardless of the results of the diagnostic tests, it is quite probable that an engine replacement will be necessary.
  24. The ultimate responsibility for determining whether or not to contribute financially in order to maintain the Mercedes-Benz warranty lies solely with the individual. The vehicle in question is a five-year-old car with very low mileage. I am curious to ascertain the specific engine model installed inside this automobile. Could you please provide information or ask a specific question related to the topic of petrol? Is the gearbox an automatic gearbox?
×
×
  • Create New...