Air suspension

Greetings, everybody.

I own a 2016 BMW 520D F11 with a mileage of 47,000 kilometres. Thus far, it has been almost devoid of any notable occurrences.

Several weeks ago, the back of the vehicle began to slant downwards on both sides. Upon removing the compressor, it was seen that the inside was damp. I tidied it and returned it, but it had no impact. Subsequently, the solenoid valve and valve block were replaced, with no significant variation.I have conducted an examination of the relay, which seems to be functioning OK. The air bags were sprayed with soapy water, and a thorough inspection of all lines and connections revealed the absence of any leaks.

The occurrence of the fault is sporadic. Occasionally, the automobile operates well for a few days, but on other instances, it begins to stoop when left alone for a few hours. Upon entering and starting the vehicle, one may perceive the operation of the compressor, which continues until the suspension has been fully elevated and the driving experience is deemed satisfactory. There is an absence of warning messages.

Only the ECU remains to be examined. I am considering inspecting the connector, but I would want to clarify whether if I remove it for cleaning purposes and then rejoin it, I would need to reestablish its connection with the automobile.

Are there any other suggestions on the cause of the fault? I have seen that several individuals on the site are expressing dissatisfaction over the air suspension system on the 5 series BMW, which seems to be the model's weakest point. We would much appreciate any assistance.

Sounds indistinguishable from my own three years ago. Despite applying fresh air bags, I continue to have sporadic collapse. Ultimately identified the issue as the bleed solenoid needle being lodged. The needle is situated inside the solenoid, like a large receptacle for salt or pepper, next to the compressor. The only method was to remove the whole unit (consisting of just 4 bolts on GT) and place it on the bench. I then used my lawnmower batteries and WD40 to repeatedly connect and disconnect a few wires. The sound of it oscillating within is audible. Initially, my object was stuck, but I managed to initiate it by touching carefully. It has been flawless ever since. If yours has been exposed to dampness, it is quite probable that the problem exists. My mine had been waiting for EGR components for a period of 3 months, which I believe was the catalyst for mine. A bleed solenoid is required to decrease the suspension, while a compressor is responsible for increasing it. I have acquired two unnecessary bags.
Wishing you the utmost success.

Thank you for your reply. However, upon closer examination of my first post, you will see that I have previously replaced the solenoid valve, which seems to be a prevalent issue.

Did the solenoid emit a clicking sound after you made the change? The presence of air leakage and failure to cease at the appropriate time is evident. Is there a problem with the level controller?

It is evident that there are two sensors. The rear is descending on both sides. I did not anticipate the simultaneous failure of both, or am I missing something?

May I request a recommendation for a workshop handbook that is compatible with Mac operating systems?

A pair of sensors will be present, with one on each side.
Could you please provide access to Isa, since it would be the most suitable diagnostic tool for doing fault finding? Test plans include a list of things to be examined and accompanying illustrations.

Regrettably, I am unable to use Ista, since it seems to be only compatible with personal computers, but I exclusively utilise Mac machines. Are there any diagnostic tools that are compatible with Mac computers? Thank you.

I acquired Dunlop bags at a favourable cost. It has been observed that Arnott bags are often endorsed by individuals. However, while initiating contact with the company, I saw a receptionist who displayed a high degree of rudeness. Given this behaviour, it is reasonable to question the quality of service that may be provided subsequent to a purchase.
In my opinion, the inclusion of Dunlop bags as standard equipment in Range Rovers is satisfactory to me.