Recommendations for Spark Plugs for the E71 X6M

In the near future, I plan to do routine maintenance on my automobile, including changing the oil, filters, and spark plugs. As the car has had previous owners, I believe it is necessary to replace the spark plugs. The ones sold by the official service are likely to be NGK or Bosch products. Do you have any recommendations regarding spark plugs? Preferably with specific identification codes? Because occasionally, the official service may not provide the most optimal product for the engine.

Regarding the oil, BMW suggests using Castrol 5w/30 for the S63 engine. However, I noticed that the engine was consuming oil with this configuration. After switching to Castrol 0w/40, which was my personal decision without any official recommendation, I no longer experienced any issues with oil burning or consumption. I have never used a different oil configuration for any of my cars before, but I will continue using this one. Is anyone else using a different type of oil? What is your knowledge and expertise on this matter?

Thank you.

Continue using the original factory spark plugs. I had misfires on many unconventional components, and while visiting an independent repair shop, it is crucial to ensure that the part number precisely corresponds to the logos marked on them. In terms of oil, I have also experimented with 0w 40. However, it is crucial to utilise the original oil filter. I have had worn oil pump sprockets and oil pump problems that required a significant amount of time to repair and identify.

For a little over 2 years, I have had a 2013 X6M and only utilised CASTROL EDGE FST 5W-30 5L TITANIUM FST without encountering any issues. I am seeking ideas for plugs as well. I have also heard that the plugs installed during a service may not be of high quality. I would like to mention that I use this website whenever I want assistance in locating accurate component numbers. It proves to be really beneficial in this regard.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sele...&prod=20130200

High Power Spark Plug, Model 03 The BOSCH ZMR5TPP33 8 12120037581 is priced at $22.06. That is the item that is installed at the manufacture, according to reports. Hopefully, this will be beneficial.

Yes, they are the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) plugs. They should be replaced every 50,000 miles. I just replaced mine for the second time. The plugs that I removed seemed to be in good condition.Therefore, I will not make any more changes to them once they reach the 50,000 mark...I am now using the original coils. However, I anticipate that the new plugs will put less strain on the coils. It will be interesting to determine the longevity of the original coils.

Does anybody have information on the recommended spark plug gap for a 2009 X6M? I have been experiencing numerous problems with misfires in my vehicle. Initially, I attempted to resolve the issue by replacing the spark plugs and coil packs with NGK plugs and Delphi packs, but this only exacerbated the problem. Subsequently, I replaced the injectors, but the issue persisted. Currently, I have installed a set of genuine M plugs, which has significantly improved the situation. However, I am still encountering a sporadic misfire during cold starts, specifically in cylinders 4 and 7. I am considering the possibility that the plug gaps may be the cause of this issue. Are you referring to the camshaft sensors? Experiencing a significant decrease in motivation and desire to continue dealing with it.

I am certain that mine were pre-gapped at.The measurement is 32, expressed in metric units as 0.8mm.They are now experiencing business execution woes (BEW) owing to similar problems seen in the past, such as the ones you are facing.I consistently go for Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) parts or aftermarket alternatives that are of the same brand, such as Bosch for the X6M.

I have completed half of the lifespan of my third set of plugs, leaving me with 25,000 km remaining.

However, it is worth mentioning that I am still operating well with the initial ignition coils.

Who has updated their Ignition Coils - there are many alternatives available nowadays....Several years ago, ELDOR (Eldor 12135A06753) was considered the most recent trendsetter, but its popularity has significantly declined since then.

The current original equipment manufacturer (OEM) options for the specified part number (BMW 12138616153) are DELPHI and BOSCH (0221504470). However, there are other additional options available, as shown by DELPHI.

Who is currently using what nowadays? When did you first have problems with your coil?

Seeking insight. Any input appreciated.

I will continue to use Bosch plugs for my vehicle.When I change at a mileage of 25000 km or maybe more...If I were in Dubai or another hot place, I may consider trying the NGK spark plug, which is known for its precise gap compliance. However, because I am in Canada, it is not necessary.

In my opinion, there are too many disadvantages and the danger of using cooler plugs in the S63 is not worth it, since it outweighs the possible gain for me. The NGK 97506 (SILZKBR8D8S) is the standard spark plug used in my son's 2015 X3 with the N20 engine.

Disadvantages of using colder spark plugs

Although cooler spark plugs have several advantages, they also entail some possible disadvantages. Here are some disadvantages of utilising cooler spark plugs:

Possible misfires

Installing colder spark plugs incorrectly or having an improperly tuned engine might increase the likelihood of misfires. Engine misfires may result in engine damage and can incur significant repair costs.

Difficulties in initiating the engine when it is cold

Lower heat range spark plugs may also contribute to difficulties in starting the engine under cold conditions, particularly during colder weather. The lower temperature of the plug might hinder the generation of a spark, so impeding the engine's starting process.

Potential for Engine Malfunction

Incorrect installation or unsuitability of colder spark plugs might result in engine damage. The lower temperature of the spark plug may lead to detonation, resulting in potential harm to the engine's pistons, cylinder walls, and valves.

Upon acquiring a set of NGK 97506 from ECS Tuning, I discovered that they were incompatible with the previous ZMR5-TPP-33 plugs. The ZR5-TPP-33 plugs are really listed by ECS. Does anybody know whether they are the correct size?