The structural integrity of W209 exhibits audible creaking sounds during gear shifting maneuvers inside the confines of the garage.

CyberNinja

Greetings, everyone - I am seeking guidance and suggestions, since I believe there are others who may have had similar challenges.

I just acquired a 2013 W204 Coupe, which was purchased in Germany.

Particularly upon first retrieval from the garage, when executing maneuvers and engaging in gear shifting, an audible structural noise like a cracking sound is perceptible.

When engaging the gears and then applying the brakes to facilitate gear shifting, the vehicle generates a force that initiates motion, resulting in structural movement and the production of undesirable sounds.

The origins of these phenomena seem to be associated with the springs and brakes.

Is there anybody who has knowledge on the nature of the issue at hand and the appropriate methods for resolving it?

I have attempted to consult many automotive service providers on the damper houses, although they have always said that the condition of these vehicles is satisfactory and within the expected parameters.

Thank you very much.

It is possible that some suspension bushings may exhibit signs of wear or degradation due to dry rot.
The gear mount of an automatic gearbox may produce auditory disturbances when engaging and initiating motion.

What is the total distance, measured in kilometers, traveled by the car?

The vehicle has accumulated a total mileage of 135,000 kilometers. The item was purchased second-hand in Germany within the current year.

I am now endeavoring to ascertain the first steps required to effectively manage finances. It is noteworthy that I had previously availed myself of two Mercedes workshops in order to conduct a comprehensive diagnostic assessment, although no discernible issues were detected.

Possibly due to the diminished perceptibility after a high temperature.

Based on my analysis, it seems likely that a broken spring is the cause of the issue, either in the front struts or in the back. Frequently, these objects experience structural failure towards their terminus as a result of corrosion, which may not be readily apparent on a first examination. Is the automobile positioned in a completely horizontal orientation on a surface that is uniformly level and without any noticeable incline or decline? Additional potential options, as previously deliberated, include the presence of a worn engine, gearbox, prop shaft, differential, and subframe mounts.

Are the discs and pads in satisfactory condition? One potential solution to improve the cleanliness of the discs is the application of pad material and the implementation of firm stops on the surfaces.
If the W204 model exhibits similar characteristics to the W203 model, it is possible for the front crush boxes to have dry surfaces, resulting in creaking noises when the subframe interacts with the front bumper crossmember.

The presence of broken ball joints, deteriorated bushings, or loose bolts inside the suspension system may result in excessive movement and audible disturbances.
The presence of corroded and fractured springs in a vehicle is a potential hazard during operation, since they have the capacity to generate audible disturbances.

There are several factors that need to be examined in order to identify the underlying issue.
Please allocate sufficient time to conduct a comprehensive examination, starting from the front and proceeding to the back.

I express my gratitude for your assistance. I will begin the inspection process by examining the springs. Undoubtedly, there are other auditory disturbances originating from many sources; nonetheless, I am of the opinion that a broken spring is the cause of the issue. Upon closer examination, it is seen that on one side of the automobile, it is possible to effortlessly enter two fingers, however on the other side, such insertion is not feasible. Thank you for your response. I want to continue sharing my experiences via regular postings, with the aim of providing assistance to others.

Exercise caution while manipulating or exploring the spring region with manual dexterity, including with the use of hands and fingers.
Utilize the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) jack to elevate your vehicle and proceed to detach one tire at a time.
It is advised to refrain from exerting manual pressure on the springs, since doing so may result in personal injury, particularly if the springs are already damaged or compromised. It is important to use caution.

Utilize a flashlight to ascertain if the springs have become disassembled.

I visited a specialized business that focuses on shock absorbers, and subsequent to a thorough examination, the technicians informed me that no damaged springs were found.

Nevertheless, upon tactile interaction with the spring's terminus, I get a sensation indicative of the detachment of its outer layer.

It is hypothesized that there may be fatigue in one or more of the springs located on the side where the automobile experiences little depression in seating.

On the next Saturday, I want to engage in a meticulous cleaning process, accompanied by the application of a little amount of lubricant, in order to ensure optimal functioning. In the current month, he is scheduled to visit Mercedes for an A service, during which he intends to request a diagnostic assessment.

This image is taken during the spring season and seems to be very pleasing.

image.png.47940ab70b6981887f56a362719d2953.png

This particular spring exhibits signs of fatigue and deterioration towards its conclusion, as shown by its weary appearance and peeling surface.

image.png.dd550a0e8de5b6decb22495fe11cf9bd.png

Thank you for your assistance.

Can you confirm if the auditory perception you are experiencing is only attributable to the frictional noise generated by the contact between the cold braking components and the driving forces exerted upon gear engagement? A phenomenon characterized by a trembling or shaking motion.
Perform the exercise repeatedly, altering the pedal pressure used, ranging from a substantial amount to the lowest possible that still permits gear selection, under the assumption that gear selection while stationary is prohibited until the brakes are engaged.

The S204 model exhibited a high susceptibility to this issue, especially throughout the process of maneuvering it back and forth inside the confines of my driveway. The brakes exhibited satisfactory performance during road use, and a comprehensive examination of suspension bushes and related components conducted by a reliable independent mechanic did not reveal any excessive signs of deterioration. We attribute this phenomenon to being a distinctive feature of the vehicle.

It is worth noting that the W203 and W204 models are known to exhibit a notable occurrence of suspension creaking, particularly when the suspension is in a cold state. The absence of a discernible cause and the absence of a recognized remedy are evident in this case. With that being said, it is advisable to do a comprehensive examination of the suspension system.

The fatigue of springs may occur on either the passengers' side, where the battery is located in the trunk, or on the drivers' side, depending on the weight of the previous owner, whether they were hefty or skinny.
Is it possible for a stance to exhibit a bias towards one particular side?

The springs on motor vehicles are susceptible to rusting, which may lead to the snapping of coils.
If the aforementioned condition is not met, can the automobile still be considered safe to drive as long as the brakes are functioning properly?