There is no going back!

Screwdriver_1

Greetings, everyone.

The reverse gear functionality in my 2000 2.7t Tip has been compromised. When operating on a flat and level surface, the vehicle exhibits a tendency to go in reverse while gradually increasing its velocity, resembling the behavior of a manual transmission with a malfunctioning clutch. However, the forward gears and Tiptronic function normally. No errors are shown on the VAG-COM diagnostic system.

Do you have any suggestions or ideas to contribute?

We express our gratitude for your input.

I had a similar issue with my 2.7 tiptronic transmission after a mere 30,000 miles. Following many visits to my authorized dealer and an independent RAC report, the transmission sump was removed, the oil was replaced, and a thorough inspection of all clutches was conducted. The individuals said that they were unable to identify any deficiencies whatsoever. Although the situation has improved, it remains unsatisfactory, and I am no longer inclined to engage in further dispute with them.

I have recently had the procedure. The transmission used is the ZF transmission. Euro automobiles, with the exception of Mercedes vehicles, often have this feature. Please locate a reputable transmission service provider that specializes in European gearboxes and schedule an overhaul for the transmission. It is cost-effective to refrain from using the services of the Audi dealer, since they would inevitably redirect the vehicle to this particular establishment. The device will exhibit significant improvement. The cost of this particular endeavor in New Zealand amounts to $7000, which may be seen as advantageous for those using United States dollars for payment. It is recommended that Audi should have addressed this issue via a recall, simultaneously rectifying the gearbox lag.

Could you please provide an update on the progress of your efforts in reversing the situation?

I am encountering a similar issue. I made the decision to purchase a vehicle with a mileage of 90,000 due to my preference for the allroad model and its perceived affordability. However, in the event that I am required to do maintenance on the torque converter and/or the gearbox, I will see it as an unfair treatment. Kindly inform me of the course of action you pursued. In an attempt to maintain a positive outlook, several individuals suggested that the issue at hand may pertain to a simple but elusive electrical malfunction and subsequent resolution. Please provide a response.

I am now facing a similar predicament whereby I am uncertain if it would be more prudent to engage in the sale of the item or to invest effort in rectifying the issue at hand. There is a pre-owned transmission available, which has accumulated a mileage of 66,000. The cost of acquiring and installing this transmission amounts to $3,000, inclusive of both components and labor expenses. Uncertainty exists over the potential efficacy of this solution in addressing the issue of reversal problem.

It is not advisable to invest one's time and financial resources in this endeavor. This post is dated and stems from an initial issue of "reversal," which subsequently triggered a chain of events. After through the process of removing the front-end of the vehicle four times to extract the engine and gearbox, incurring a total cost of $8,000, I found myself contemplating the possibility of encountering any more issues. To my dismay, the suspension system had a failure. I was transporting the vehicle to my automotive technician once again, when unexpectedly, the automobile deviated from its intended path and collided directly with a tree. The one positive aspect of this vehicle pertained to the insurance reimbursement received at its conclusion. The engineering of this automobile is notably subpar, making it difficult to maintain (as seen by the over 12-hour book time required for a water pump replacement). Consequently, it may be regarded as one of the most unsatisfactory vehicles I have ever had. The vehicle in question has visually appealing aesthetics and offers a satisfactory driving experience under optimal conditions. However, it is regrettably prone to significant mechanical issues, making it an unsatisfactory investment. I strongly recommend promptly disposing of it. I cannot emphasize enough.

It is quite likely that with the allocated funds, one might acquire the services of a proficient tip expert to refurbish the current receptacle, while still retaining a surplus amount.
If the remaining components of the vehicle are in satisfactory shape and you have a favorable opinion of it, then proceed with repairing it. The cost of maintenance will consistently be high until a vehicle other than an Audi is purchased.

Please wait for a moment. In order to perform the transmission removal procedure, it is necessary to first detach the front end, afterwards lower the engine, and next proceed with the removal of the transmission. Given the extensive tasks at hand, it would be unwise to disregard the examination of crucial components such as the alternator, A/C compressor, water pump, and turbos on a vehicle with around 90,000 miles, colloquially referred to as an allroad. There is little potential for significant change, as per my assurance.

One should use caution while encountering trees that unexpectedly obstruct one's path.

Is there any knowledge on the precise etiology of the reverse gear malfunction or slippage?
Is it really the clutch for the reverse gear? Possible causes for worn friction plates or mechanical loss of function or electrical issues in the valve body include wear and tear on the friction plates, mechanical malfunction, or electronic malfunctions.

I am now deliberating on the following options: - The installation of a pre-owned transmission, which has the inherent risk of uncertainty about its condition. This option may be deemed acceptable if the cost is sufficiently low, but it would include a potential investment of my time. - The procurement of individual components or an upgrade kit for the transmission, the source of which remains undetermined. - The acquisition of a rebuilt transmission of superior quality, which may involve a substantial expenditure of up to $3,000, inclusive of shipping costs.
I would want to get my transmission rebuilt.