Manifold refinishing and repairs for the M156 engine

developer

As this is my first post, I though I'd introduce myself and show you some photos of the work I just did on my intake manifold to begin the bottom-up engine rebuild I want to do myself.
As is customary, the magnesium in the intake was corroded and 'porous' all the way through, from the sump to the throttle plate bracket and the plate itself. Finally got around to cleaning, sandblasting, prepping JB Weld, priming with epoxy, and protecting the metal. For the outside, we cleaned, sanded, primed with epoxy, and then painted.

I appreciate it, man. I'm quite pleased with it; the cam covers, strut brace, and perhaps some other minor elements will all be painted this shade, while the rest of the car will remain black. Never thought I'd see the day when I had to rebuild my engine, but I'm really sort of looking forward to it. I'm going to post a picture of my automobile here.

Well, I was in a rush, so I took it to a regular garage to have a new crankshaft pulley installed. Unfortunately, while doing so, they cracked my radiator, broke a couple of hose fittings, and sent me on my way. While driving on the highway, the car overheated and emptied its cooling system before I could figure out what was wrong. Was a robbery for cash, hence there was no legal recourse.

My previous mechanic broke the brake booster fitting that was attached to the manifold, and the vacuum line clip going in on the back of my manifold, just under the PCV valve, is snapped. Since the fitting needs to be removed to paint, I'm hoping you can help me figure out how to remove and replace it. I called Mercedes and they said I had to buy the whole manifold instead of just the part I needed. I have a spare entire manifold with the fittings in fine condition, but I'm afraid to remove them since I can't see a clear method to do so. Mate, if you can assist, I'd be pleased to pay you some money because I value and appreciate generosity. The Aussies...

image.png.eda2ba3422a7f335d9b265705fbcb01b.png

image.png.0438209ec64c8b5e06fdd3e8d4dca730.png

image.png.4e84a18e45a0aa1a3c2f0f8f47b32bd2.png

Excellent work, indeed.
Just wondering how the paint is holding up.
How did you color the walls?
The throttle body plate on my Intake manifold was broken, and I just pulled it apart to clean and check it.
I'm going to assume that you fixed this and follow your example.