Jump to content

TechWhiz

Members
  • Posts

    139
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TechWhiz

  1. You have the option of a six-cylinder petrol engine or a V8 petrol engine.
  2. Have you performed a VIN decode on a website such as Last VIN? This may provide the original specifications of the wheels.
  3. Thank you; I will reach out to them. Initially, I presumed the starter motor was the issue.
  4. I have a quick rattling or significant clicking noise upon starting the vehicle. Depress the clutch and activate the start button, then release. It occurs 7 out of 10 times. The car consistently starts. I am uncertain if there is a certain time sequence for starting, since I have never utilised a push-button start previously; I simply press the button and release it upon hearing the engine start, then release the clutch shortly thereafter. Current odometer reading: 58,000 miles I have a few months remaining on the warranty and will likely extend it once I ascertain the cost. My local BMW dealer has been quite helpful when I encountered an issue; a representative walked outside to inspect a part to verify its correctness. I do not anticipate complimentary troubleshooting, but they might be willing to lend an ear. Alternatively, one may choose to leave it operational for the time being. Thank you
  5. I have just seen your article, and it seems to be straightforward. Uncertain as to why they would become unsynchronized—presumably due to cheap batteries?
  6. Based on my recollection, it is: Sender Initialisation Mandatory, for instance, subsequent to the recent acquisition. of a crucial element. The new channel must be initialised prior to commissioning. One vehicle must have been activated via remote control. 1b If the car is not accessed via the remote control, a lock mechanism is activated, which resets after 15 minutes of the ignition being engaged. 2 Enter the vehicle and shut the driver's door. Activate the ignition keys in the steering wheel lock by briefly turning to position 1 and returning to position 0 three times (maximum duration of 5 seconds). Four Depress and maintain pressure on button 1 (refer to the image) on the transmitter. Press button 2 three times consecutively within 10 seconds, while maintaining pressure on button 1 during this duration. Release button 1 five times. The LED emits a gradual flash for a maximum duration of 10 seconds. The line that is absent is as follows: The central locking activates just when pressing one of the two buttons again. - 6 The central locking mechanism indicates the successful initialisation of the transmitter by locking and then promptly unlocking.
  7. Both keys function well, unlocking the doors and boot via the remote. However, neither mechanism opens all windows and doors when activated for a few seconds using the remote. Inserting both keys into the driver's door and maintaining them in the open position will simultaneously open all windows and the sunroof. Inserting both keys into the driver's door and maintaining them in the lock position will shut all windows and the sunroof. They seem to be ineffective when pressing the Open button on the remote key fob. Both keys exhibit the same issue, leading me to speculate if it is a reprogramming problem. The alarm is functioning properly and as intended.
  8. The sun had out, and as I approached the vehicle, I decided to use the old remote to lower all the windows and open the sunroof. I appreciate this function on our vintage vehicle. As is customary with the E31, there is nothing to report. Arrived at the vehicle, inserted the items, and everything is functioning, although it is not identical. Both keys were attempted, but neither functioned. Do you have any suggestions?
  9. Traders factor in profit and preparation costs, so you won't get forecourt prices from them. Similarly, when selling privately, there's no warranty or comeback, so you won't get forecourt prices either. Based on what you're seeing advertised, I think the trade price you've been offered is about right.
  10. From whence have the 24k offers originated, from traders/WBAC, or from private offers? Are the ones you have seen private sales or transactions conducted by traders?
  11. I apologise, but I lack any history of corrosion checks. Regrettably, you have been deceived. One need to have considered an other dealership. I had just a partial service history, although the dealership failed to verify it.
  12. Thank you for your enlightening comment. I recommend that you take your vehicle to the dealership, since I had a subframe problem that was resolved at no cost due to it being a manufacture flaw.
  13. Indeed, I have my foot firmly positioned on the brake pedal. I have not verified the ATF level, nor do I possess any documentation of prior servicing.
  14. Greetings to everybody; I hope everyone is in good health. I get a pronounced clunking sound while transitioning from park to reverse. This issue occurs just while transitioning from park to reverse and exclusively when the vehicle is positioned on an incline. Is there a solution? 2011 Mercedes C-Class SE CDI BlueEfficiency Facelift with 7G-Tronic Plus transmission Thank you.
  15. Was the rail changed subsequent to the pump failure or before to it?
  16. Presume the gasoline system was contaminated with metal filings from the pump. Have you performed any modifications to the fuel rail?
  17. Additional information is required. What was the first failure mode? Were authentic, used, or aftermarket pumps installed? Has the low-pressure fuel supply been inspected? Has the injector leak-off been inspected?
  18. Given such driving style, I would choose for petrol.
  19. The facelift of the vehicle was first presented in Europe in 2012. Initially, it was offered with a manual gearbox, but this option was eliminated when the second generation was debuted, which I think occurred in late 2015. If you are not familiar with RE Performance in Swindon, I suggest you visit their Youtube channel. Ricky is widely recognised as the foremost expert on R8 vehicles in the nation.
  20. In my opinion, the V10 manual is the preferable choice, however I must own my prejudice as a previous owner. Regarding the choice between a coupe or spyder, it is very subjective. Opinions vary about the aesthetic appeal of the coupe vs the spyder, with some arguing that the coupe is more visually pleasing, while others contend that the spyder has a more pronounced V10 engine sound. Purchase based on condition and historical records - mileage is of lesser significance. Make careful you have a pre-purchase inspection (PPI) conducted, since these automobiles have the potential to accumulate significant expenses rapidly.
  21. Alternatively, you might have a garage address the issue, ensuring that it is resolved correctly. This approach would also provide you with recourse in the event that the problem persists.
  22. Attempt it at a low temperature. If it functions well, then it may be inferred that the issue is with excessive heat causing the discs to deform.
  23. How did you secure your vehicle while you left it at the supermarket? If the door locked automatically, it implies that the key was in your possession. Therefore, it is possible that the key has been misplaced either at the Supermarket Car Park or within the Supermarket.
  24. Thank you everyone. However, it is peculiar since all functions were operating flawlessly prior to the replacement of the pump pack. I am referring to every single item. The only reason for the alteration was an intermittent pump noise that indicated an impending breakdown. Prior to the alteration, the initiation of the process was immediate and the operation, except for occasional interruptions caused by the pump's noise, was completely flawless, without any problems whatsoever. All of your solutions are generally applicable, but I fail to see their applicability in my specific situation, since the whole system, including the ignition switch, is now brand new. I am still perplexed, but appreciative of your attention. Currently contemplating.
×
×
  • Create New...