Warning of Impending Crash.

ianwh4

Okay, so I made the executive decision to take the vehicle in yesterday to have the ceramic coating applied. The task will need three days to complete. On my smartphone this morning, the Mercedes-Benz Me app notified me of a "Slight collision." I did not waste any time and called the detailers as soon as I could to find out what had occurred. They reassured me that there was no cause for concern about the condition of the vehicle and even supplied me a picture of the location that the car had identified as needing attention. When I called, they informed me that the automobile was in the process of being washed.
My inquiry is whether or not this has ever taken place with any of the other members' vehicles. I had the thought that maybe the strong gusts we've been experiencing today had triggered the alarm, or it might have been the pressure washer. Is there a method to test the sensors without having to take the car back to the dealership? Thank you so much in advance.

image.thumb.png.ca2c3adfdc999e5888cefb29b1082e24.png

There is no doubt that even the most little of touches may set off this reaction. As an example, the father-in-law's garage has an empty plastic bottle that is hung from a length of thread; when the bottle comes into contact with the windshield, it is time to pull over ;). When my wife came to visit us last month, it was sufficient to trigger the same warning on the Mercedes-Benz Me app for our vehicle (I wonder whether it also makes use of the camera in addition to parking sensors, radar, and so on).

Had my dash cam hardwired by a local independent mechanic, and when they installed it, I received a collision alert. I called them, and they told me that apparently collision alerts go off all the time, and that they had a Mercedes-Benz in the shop being serviced, as well as an AMG GTR, and that when they started the AMG GTR, it set off alarms and collision alerts in all of the other cars.

I would just want to add that in the more than two years that we've had our C Class, we've never received a report that was entirely incorrect. I mentioned the event with the plastic bottle; the only other alarm that we've ever received was when my father-in-law shook the vehicle while it was parked and secured because he felt there could be a loose wheel bolt. I mentioned the incident with the plastic bottle. That sums it up well.