App for Mercedes-Benz ME

alpaco45

Hello everyone, I have a brief question about the W212 E Class late 2015 cars and whether or not they operate with the Mercedes Me app's vehicle locating feature. It used to function on my 1965-vintage A45, but I'm having trouble getting it to connect on the E63.

This "Guard 360" feature is now supposed to be an optional add-on that costs an additional 139.00 pounds on my 2016 C-Class. Having said that, it seems to be functioning without me having to pay for it. (although when you activate it, it does show that it is "not available," but after a few seconds it begins to function properly)

I have the guard 360, which, for the 2015 E class, is used to report a stolen car. I'm sure that somewhere in the product description it claimed to track and locate, but it doesn't seem to be doing either of those things.

Is there a box that has to be checked anywhere on the NTG for the vehicle to be linked?

If your 2015 W212 is equipped with COMAND, you shouldn't need the Mercedes me adaptor to use it. The 3g KOM Module need to be included in it. However, I'm not sure about automobiles that have Audio20 since these models didn't get the 3G modem until much later. Keep in mind as well that the number of Mercedes me services that were compatible with earlier models of vehicles was somewhat restricted. From what I recall, the only service that was available for the COMAND NTG4.5 was TomTom Live Traffic. However, with the release of the COMAND NTG5*1, a wider variety of services became accessible.

That would be the COMAND NTG5*1 setting for the W212.

Assuming that you have already added the vehicle identification number (VIN) to your Mercedes me account online, you should be able to see on the website the many services that may be purchased for your vehicle.

I have the app, and my VIN has been registered, and I paid for the Guard 360 believing that it would give me the tracker, geofencing, and vehicle locate; however, these features have been disabled, and when I click to buy it all links to the navigation package. There is nothing in the product description to indicate that it offers anything other than live traffic information, and it also makes the claim that I will never be stopped in traffic again......... Does anybody have any idea whether or not this will contain the information I require?

You will not be able to renew any subscriptions for geolocation, remote locking, or any other features beginning with this year, since all automobiles equipped with a 3G communications module are being deactivated, which includes your 2015 model. This is because Vodafone is gradually eliminating support for 3G. Due to the lack of a viable upgrade route, these services are, sadly, no longer accessible. I had the same problem with my 2016 as well.