Cloning and Keyless Entry Security

VW keys 'go to sleep' after a while and don't work again until they are moved.
There is no signal that can be copied.
When I was taking some trash to the recycling place, I found that my keys were under all the trash in the trunk.
When I was driving there, everything was fine, but when I tried to start the car again after putting things in the metal skip, it wouldn't start. I had to go back to the book and look for the keys under the yard trash. When I did, the car started right up. P.S. As a test, I put the keys back in the trunk after shaking them. The car starts right away.

I believe that starting in 2016, all VW kessy fobs should be replaced. It was well-known back then, and it remains so now. It wouldn't cost them much in the grand scheme of things compared to the respect they'd get from the owners, which would reverberate throughout the automobile sector, perhaps generating additional business.

At least that's what I've been told; personally, I find turning off the keyless entry system in the vehicle to be more convenient. Since my Tiguan won't open while I'm in close proximity, I always do this before locking it up for the night.

Temporarily disabling keyless entry is as simple as locking the vehicle with the key fob and then touching the door handle as if you were locking it keylessly within 5 seconds (I guess). If you have your mirrors set to fold on lock, I've found the easiest way to activate them is to touch the door handle while they're folding; this causes a little pause during which the dangers will flash, and then the mirrors will fold to their final position.

It's helpful to know there's a backup system in addition to the keyless, disarmed one mentioned above, since there is no easy method to verify its actual functionality with the sleeping keys.

3 minutes ago, CheresX said:

I believe that starting in 2016, all VW kessy fobs should be replaced. It was well-known back then, and it remains so now. It wouldn't cost them much in the grand scheme of things compared to the respect they'd get from the owners, which would reverberate throughout the automobile sector, perhaps generating additional business.

My keychain never goes to sleep since it's a real key that goes into a lock.

Unfortunately, a resting key only addresses the problem in certain circumstances, but it is a significant improvement over the Mk2 keyless system. In some instances, the signal has been captured as the proprietor exits the vehicle, such as in a parking lot. When the owner is out of site, adjacent thieves intercept the signal that the car is being sealed and steal it. Despite the fact that cameras are present in many parking lots and there are more individuals nearby, car thefts continue to occur.

Obviously, by the time the signal is captured, the key would not have gone to slumber. Even a faraday bag is ineffective because the signal is required to secure the car, so the key cannot be placed in the bag until after securing, which is too late.

Thefts may be deterred by a high-quality visual anti-theft device, such as a steering wheel lock, or an alternative such as Autowatch Ghost II. Even though the new slumber key does not completely prevent duplication, it is a significant enhancement over what was previously available.