The V8 gearbox oil cooler is obstructed.

I have been systematically removing the undertrays and wheel arch liners of my 2008 V8 vehicle in order to thoroughly clean the accumulated road debris. In addition to removing a significant amount of dirt, leaves, and other debris, I also seized the chance to repair corroded bolts and spire nuts.
Upon reaching the driver's side (right-hand drive automobile) wheel arch liner, I saw that the gearbox oil cooler was entirely obstructed. At first, I attempted to brush and hoover, but had little results. Over time, a task that had seemed simple saw a significant shift in its trajectory.
I attempted other techniques, such as using an all-purpose cleaner and forcing compressed air through the cooler, but I was unable in completely removing the blockage. In the end, I discovered a cable tie that was able to pass through the narrow gaps between the fins. I then proceeded to meticulously go through each gap, ensuring they were clean by flushing them with water and then using compressed air to blast any remaining debris away.
In order to access both sides of the oil cooler, it was necessary to remove the side blade, panel below, air ducting and sill.
Discuss a situation that rapidly intensified.
I considered the possibility of replacing the cooler, but I was worried that it could also need replacing the oil lines due to the high likelihood of galvanic corrosion occurring at the joints.
Regardless, I believe I will establish a yearly routine of inspecting and cleaning to prevent the arduous work I have just finished.

Indeed, I recommend examining the content, since it was likely the main purpose of my piece above anything else.
I was very astonished to discover it, and I am still pondering the cause of its severe deterioration. The environment in which your automobile is driven may certainly have an impact. However, the presence of louvres on the arch liner should prevent dirt from being blown into that particular location, unless the previous owner often engaged in reverse driving manoeuvres.
One consideration I had is that pressure washing around the tyre arches may cause splattering on the rear side, which, when covered, might impede the regular airflow. In the future, I will exercise caution while washing in that area.

I came across some references to removing the oil cooler, but I was unable to locate any comprehensive instructions on how to properly seal or connect the flow and return pipes. Furthermore, I am uncertain if the GT model requires a certain kind of gearbox oil. I anticipate that the need for it would be more pronounced in regions with higher temperatures and frequent use on demanding tracks.
Now that I have removed 15 years' worth of dirt, I hope that regular vacuuming will be sufficient to keep it clean in the future. I intend to replace the gearbox oil in the near future as a precautionary step.

• Greetings

The 2012 R8 GT was globally distributed and did not come equipped with a gearbox oil cooler.

The short-circuit line is identified by the designated component number.

Search for the oil pressure line used for gearbox oil cooling in the 2012 Audi R8 (R8) model, specifically for the Audi EUROPA 317050 variant under the code K8Q = GT > 2 > 420.317.818.C.

That is an immense quantity! I had a little amount at the bottom of mine. I simply used a high-pressure spray to thoroughly cleanse the inside of the hosepipe, thereby removing any obstructions. I estimate that there was around 1.5 inches of muck at the bottom. I assume that your vehicle was often used in various weather conditions. I have never drove mine in rainy conditions, to be precise.

It is intriguing to hear, since it indicates that the situation is not ordinary and may perhaps be readily managed in the future. My car will not be driven willingly during rainy days, which might be challenging in Northern Ireland, haha.