How to reattach loose chrome trim?

Geek2232

Greetings. The chrome trim strip on my car's boot is starting to detach at the edges, as seen in the picture. Double-sided tape has been used, however it is ineffective. What is the best adhesive to use to ensure that it remains securely attached when I reattach it after gently removing it? Thank you very much

image.png.ff2e4f9ad9e73da7c265fdf524755b03.png

To remove the trim, you will likely need to use professional-grade double-sided tape as previously suggested.

Some individuals have used it for installing boot lip spoilers; someone knowledgeable will provide advice shortly.

It may be just perception, but the AMG insignia on your car seems little misaligned, doesn't it?
3M VHB tape or generic automobile body trim tape

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323997363900?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338181125&toolid=10001&customid=2518X1570512X9692687cec85f947039f6a60fff2606e

It should be done, but as Paqngo said, you may need to remove the whole trim to do it correctly, and it seems to be highly susceptible to damage.

Agreed Ordered 3 metres of VHB adhesive. Thank you! I didn't see the insignia before. It might be an optical illusion or a result of accident repair. I verified under the hood and it is definitely not a 320cdi 🙂

Have you inquired about the price of a whole new trim item from Mercedes-Benz? It's worth a try, since they may be surprising in both positive and negative ways. Typically, a new component will arrive with the tape pre-attached. They did so when I purchased B pillar coverings from MB.

Have you inquired about the price of a whole new trim item from Mercedes-Benz? It's worth a try, since they may be surprising in both positive and negative ways. Typically, a new component will arrive with the tape pre-attached. They did so when I purchased B pillar coverings from MB.

Amazon.co.uk : 3m double sided tape

Heating the trim before removal and warming the tape and repair area before reinstalling the trim is the recommended method.