Contented owner of a C207 E250 coupe considering the purchase of a C238.

For the last 8 years, I have been the proud owner of two C207 E250 coupes. At first, I had a 2010 E250 C207 model, which I then upgraded to the newer 2015 C207 model. I must express my utmost satisfaction with both. I have found the aforementioned items to be very dependable, comfortable, and adaptable for a coupe, since the rear seats can be folded down to accommodate various items such as golf gear. Furthermore, the performance is commendable and the fuel efficiency is particularly noteworthy, especially during long journeys. I am particularly fond of the panoramic roof and the ability to fold down the windows on pleasant days. Consequently, I am really satisfied with my entire experience. I am now contemplating my further course of action and would really appreciate any input from anyone who have previously had a C207 and then upgraded to the latest model, C238, in terms of how the new model fares in comparison.

I have had my C207 250cdi since it was brand new in 2012. The current mileage is 70,000 and the average fuel efficiency is 49 miles per gallon. Dependable and free from any shaking or noise. Upon considering the matter, I concluded that I would retain this automobile until it exhibits any indications of a potentially costly issue, as I have never had a car for more than 8 years. The automobile, as you are aware, continues to attract attention!

I had a 2013 model that underwent a cosmetic update and a 2016 edition E220d, both equipped with a panoramic roof. I opted for the "C" class due to the need of having four doors. I have a strong nostalgia for the 207 mostly due to its aesthetic appeal. Both vehicles were equipped with 19" AMG alloys. Although I have considered returning to a coupe, the C238 model does not fully captivate my interest. I believe that the reduced panoramic roof detracts from the overall appearance, particularly in regards to the rear profile.

I am not very fond of the round shape of the c238 shell. The three central air vents are aesthetically displeasing due to their design, as is the internal rope lighting. However, personal preferences and financial means may vary, so if you find them appealing and can afford them, it is a matter of individual choice. I highly encourage you to go with your decision. I am quite satisfied with my 17 plate e350 c207.

I own a 2019 E coupe 2.0d, which I believe is a C238 model. It is equipped with a widescreen dashboard, leather seats, airmatic suspension, 20" wheels, and a premium plus package.The ride quality is satisfactory, however it is equipped with run-flat tyres, which may need replacement sooner than expected. The 9-speed gearbox performs well, delivering excellent performance and fuel efficiency.

Update: I am delighted to inform you that I now own two E250 C207 coupes with panoramic roofs, and I have just acquired a 2019 C238 E220d AMG with the latest design of panoramic roof, which I have been enjoying for the last 6 months. Here are some of my reflections for anybody contemplating a similar decision.

It is noteworthy that although my first C207 (2010) received a significant amount of positive feedback, my 2015 model did not get any comments. However, my current C238, which has an anthracite grey hue (although it seems more like a golden grey to me), receives a considerable amount of nice comments, surpassing any previous vehicle I have had.

The C238 has a little more interior space compared to the C207, particularly in terms of the rear seating area.

Initially, I had a negative opinion towards the new panoramic roof design. However, I soon discovered that it was as, if not superior, to the previous form.

I long for the presence of a spare wheel, which was absent in the C207 model. I am filled with apprehension at the thought of experiencing a puncture, particularly when I find myself in the more secluded regions that I periodically visit.

The front doors of the C238 are excessively heavy, with the handle positioned far forward, so impeding the ease of door operation while departing in confined areas. The addition of a handle positioned towards the rear of the door would be advantageous.

The C238 220d has superior fuel efficiency compared to the C207. The C238 has somewhat superior performance at lower speeds, but the C207 E250 (equipped with dual turbo) holds a little edge at higher speeds.

Overall, the coupe is quite pleasant and spacious to drive, and I am really satisfied with the transition. The only drawback was that the current alteration incurred a much higher expense compared to earlier instances.

I'm glad to hear that you are satisfied with your new vehicle. The interior features, such as the turbine vents, ambient lighting, and digital dashboard, are particularly impressive. Mercedes produces aesthetically pleasing coupes. Have a pleasurable experience.

The C207s I had were silver in 2013 and white in 2016. The black panoramic roof provided a stark contrast to these hues. In my opinion, the presence of the grey colour on the C238 would help to diminish the visibility of the short roof.