The radar sensors have accumulated dirt and need cleaning. Please refer to the owner's handbook for instructions.

spiezen

Challenges Associated with Owning a Pre-Owned Vehicle I just acquired the E63 automobile and am really satisfied with the purchase. However, I have encountered a little issue whereby an error message appears on the dashboard, indicating

The radar sensors are in need of cleaning. Please refer to the owner's handbook for instructions.

Upon pressing the steering wheel, the issue seems to be resolved, indicating that the Distronic system is functioning properly. However, despite this observation, the recurring message persists. I have inspected all the sensors and cameras and can confirm that they are devoid of any contaminants.

Despite consulting the owner's handbook, I have been unable to locate any relevant information. However, when reviewing the maintenance records from May 2021, I saw an invoice for the purchase of a new radar sensor, although no specific location reference was provided.

I have brought up the issue with the supplying dealer, since the vehicle is now covered by a two-year warranty. However, prior to initiating the process of scheduling an appointment with Mercedes, I am curious if there are any straightforward and expeditious solutions that someone may propose.

I have placed an order for a Carly adapter, which was expected to arrive by now. Once it is received, I will proceed to connect it and assess the presence of any stored error codes.

I am uncertain about the nature of the problem, but I would suggest requesting the dealer to do a complimentary software update. It is possible that they may already include this as part of their defect diagnostic procedure.

Thank you for your response. I would want to clarify that the vehicle in question was not obtained from an authorized Mercedes-Benz dealership, but rather through Jardine Jaguar Land Rover. Additionally, it was provided with a two-year guarantee. Consequently, I intend to visit a Mercedes-Benz dealership to get their input on the matter.

In the event that the vehicle is not covered by a warranty provided by the manufacturer, the dealership will impose a fee for conducting diagnostic tests. Regarding the replacement of the RADAR sensor in 2021, it is important to note that Mercedes-Benz (MB) provides a two-year guarantee on their components. However, it should be acknowledged that the transferability of this warranty may be subject to certain limitations.

Given that you acquired the automobile only yesterday, it is very advisable to have the necessary repairs or maintenance performed by the authorized dealer from whom you made the purchase, particularly in the case of a JLR vehicle.

I have sent an email to the supplying dealer in order to document the communication, since I am aware that the sales representative will be absent tomorrow. I am optimistic that, given the proximity of a local location next to my workplace, they will have the opportunity to do an examination. If the issue persists, I will take it to the authorized dealer. The reason for my inquiry on this platform is that sometimes, certain faults are well-documented and may be readily addressed in a straightforward manner, without the need for extensive troubleshooting. This can be accomplished by doing the necessary repairs or maintenance directly on the driveway, therefore avoiding unnecessary complications.

Occasionally, an error is encountered on our C Class vehicle, namely when the sensor, denoted by the MB star located on the grille, becomes contaminated with dirt or debris. Wishing you well in resolving the matter and kindly update us on any developments.

Based on my observation, it seems that the MB Star is not properly secured in its position. Specifically, one of the clips located towards the left center side of the vehicle, as seen from the front, is not adequately fastened. This suggests that the MB Star may not have been installed appropriately. The star itself is devoid of blemishes. After organizing the matter at hand, I will proceed to provide a response.

It is advisable to inspect the additional sensors located in the front bumper, notwithstanding the indication that you may have already done so. Additionally, it is worth examining the primary sensor located inside the grille. It is plausible that an obstruction such as a leaf or spider's web may have been lodged in front of the sensor but behind the grille.

A location equipped with a Sensor Tracking and Analysis Resource (STAR) has the capability to detect and diagnose a malfunctioning sensor.

It is conceivable that the invoice may make mention of one of the rear blind spot sensors (if installed), since these sensors have a tendency to have frequent failures owing to their placement behind the back wheels.

Regardless, it is advisable to resolve the issue via warranty, since the cost of the sensors is substantial.