Regrettably, Recognition

keithmerc220

A Rover 3500 has been sitting in the front yard, rusting away, for quite some time now. I went to the guy's house to ask if I could buy his engine to put in my MGB, but he declined. It seems like it will remain stationary indefinitely.
Parting Out: Rick's 1985 TVR 280i, 1978 MGB, and 1978 Spitfire

image.png.560d419d917a61de132179d6f3d343ee.png

lol! I'm hoping you looked at the Rover I included and not just my signature. I had nothing to tinker with after selling my Range Rover and purchasing my Disco, so I caved and bought my MG. I put quite a lot of hours working on the Range Rover since it was 10 years old, but the much newer Disco has been really dependable. If all goes well with the MGB repair, I'm thinking of purchasing an early Series IIa 109 thereafter. Simply put, I'm sick of the electronics and sensors in newer vehicles.

Well done! One of my ideal vacations would be driving the Cabot Trail and exploring the Canadian Maritimes.

And what better vehicle to go on the road than a Range Rover.

Well, a forum is a fantastic concept overall. I really like the Rover P6 series and want to own one someday. Despite my appreciation for Land Rovers, vintage Toyota Land Cruiser 4x4s have always had a stronger allure for me.

That vacation was fantastic. Where I reside is about thirty minutes north of Albany. We drove via Vermont and New Hampshire to get to Bangor, Maine, where we slept the night before crossing into Canada. We spent three days beach camping on Prince Edward Island after seeing the Hopewell Rocks in the Bay of Fundy (those tides are incredible). We then traveled the Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia, Canada (towing a pop-up camper). What can I say? We were away for a total of two days. The next day, we hit the road again, this time back to Maine, where we spent three more nights camping in Acadia. Nearly 2500 miles were spent on the aging Range Rover by yours truly. Taking my MGB to Prince Edward Island or along the Cabot Trail would be a dream come true.

When I drove a Range Rover, people were often asking me about my Land Cruiser. When I needed a component for my car, I'd go to the auto parts shop and explain what it was for. I'd start off by mentioning Land Rovers, then go on to Range Rovers, and the salesman would finally reply, "Oh yes, Toyota."

In March, while on business in Halifax, Nova Scotia, I had a free afternoon. I drove the rental vehicle down the coast and stopped at Peggy's Cove, made famous by the show.
Amazing scenery, a couple of hours of driving time, and plenty of winding up and down road made me wish I'd brought my TR6.
Oh, and I'm going to check out the new Rover site myself, so best of luck with that!

Whee! I get to be the one to write a "welcome to the forum" message. The Land Rover was the first thing that sprang to me when I heard the term "rover," but then I recalled the Rover Sedans that BL had imported.
When I first heard about Land Rovers, I pictured the dealer in Grand Junction, Colorado, maybe around 1968 or 1972. Aside from Toyotas, they also sold Land Cruisers. Was there a potential for bias there?