What is the estimated cost of replacing a front coil spring on a 2019 Mercedes E350? Alternatively, would it be more cost-effective to install a used strut?

The make and model of my automobile is a 2010 Mercedes E class 350 with a 3.0 V6 engine.

The vehicle's MOT test resulted in a failure, mostly due to a fractured front coil spring.
I purchased a new strut for £31.50, anticipating that it would be more cost-effective than hiring a garage to repair the spring. However, I discovered that the replacement strut is somewhat larger than the one that was originally installed in my vehicle. Consequently, I am now searching online once again, and it seems that I have located a similar replacement for about £70.

I am currently contemplating hiring a garage to install a spring onto the existing strut. I do not need them to remove it from the car, as I have already done so myself and will be reattaching it. Could you please provide an estimate of how much it would cost for them to solely install the spring onto the strut? Alternatively, would it be more advisable for me to purchase a used replacement strut?

Thank you.

Yes, it is possible to install a used strut that includes the spring. However, there is a risk that the spring may break. I would recommend replacing the existing spring with a new one on the original strut. Additionally, I strongly advocate for replacing both springs in pairs, especially if they are aftermarket parts. It is also advisable to replace any nuts with plastic inserts (Nyloc) that prevent them from coming loose. These should be discarded and replaced with new ones.

There is no justification for replacing Nylocs since they are specifically engineered to be reusable without compromising their functionality or safety. Contrary to crush nuts (such as some hub nuts) and stretch bolts, which are often intended for single use.
According to Carroll Smith, author of "Carroll Smith's Nuts, Bolts, Fasteners, and Plumbing Handbook," the nylon insert is not harmed during installation, allowing it to be reused several times.

I have never brought my strut to a shop for maintenance, as I have always been able to replace them myself using spring compressors. However, I would not suggest doing this if you lack experience in doing so. With improved equipment, the task should only need 30 minutes to complete.

If you have already removed the strut, then you have completed the most difficult part. Obtain high-quality spring compressors and proceed with the replacement yourself. I recently performed a similar task, and it was not a complex endeavour.
Just to clarify, I only made a modification to one side. However, I do own the compressors in case the other side need attention.
I did not see any discernible difference in the handling when I made a change. The vehicle remains level and behaves adequately. However, I have not yet taken it around the Nurburgring to fully evaluate its performance.

If you locate a nearby garage equipped with a spring compressor and willing to accommodate you, anticipate being billed for one hour of work, regardless of the fact that the task may only need 20 minutes to complete. In my opinion, it would be the most unfavourable outcome.