Purchasing a high-mileage E400d. Unwise decision?

I have always had a fondness for the W213. My maximum budget is £25,000 in cash. I found a car with 85,000 kilometres (2018) and decent specifications, along with a full-service history. Am I seeking out problems?

Research vacuum pumps, rocker arms and the negative effects of short travels. My commute is on the road at night, so small trips won't be an issue.

Are these engines reliable and capable of achieving high mileages like those of starships?

All ideas are appreciated.

I care for a vehicle with 400,000 km on its odometer. Ownership has become expensive due to two sets of cameras and many other problems. There are several emission control components attached to it, and they are troublesome.

The vehicle has average mileage and if properly repaired, there is little danger. There is still a lot of mileage remaining in the car. I have purchased 4-year-old cars with roughly 144,000 miles, driven them to over 200,000 miles, and sold them without any serious issues.

It's me again. I believe I have discovered one. It originates from a Jaguar dealership. They provide a 12-month warranty. How can I get a warranty on my MB? Do I need to get the automobile examined by Mercedes-Benz before they approve the warranty? Any information would be appreciated.

The fine print had several restrictions. Specific mechanical parts not included. The warranty did not seem comprehensive. Alternatively, you may consider looking into warranties wise. I worry that if an issue arose that needed MB's assistance, they could be hesitant to help since the vehicle had been serviced elsewhere and was unfamiliar to them. If MB examined and approved it... Previously, I allocated £200 each month for these expenses. I just had to spend £800 on my current automobile in one year. Various choices and ideas.