Pumping Water

Geek2232

Greetings everyone, I am now facing an issue with a malfunctioning water pump in my E90 3-liter vehicle. Unfortunately, I am unable to financially accommodate the purchase of an authentic replacement component. Consequently, I am curious to know whether anybody has successfully installed an alternative water pump in a similar situation. I have seen many instances, namely the PIERBURG model. Does anybody own firsthand knowledge with these? I express my gratitude for your assistance.

I have come across a water pump offer with the PIERBURG Water Pump and a Meyle thermostat, which seems to be a viable option. However, I lack knowledge on the u hose and would appreciate a more detailed description of its characteristics and use.

This particular modification is applicable to the N54 and N55 engines. However, it is uncertain if this modification is present in your specific engine, since the engine type is unknown.
The water pump is connected to the thermostat and is susceptible to thermal damage.
Please input the last seven digits of the chassis number into the website realoem.com to see whether your engine is associated with it.

I had an aftermarket thermostat installed in my 330d upon initial purchase, which was done by the garage from which I bought the vehicle. However, the bolts of the thermostat became sheared within the water pump to which it was attached. Fortunately, I had already acquired a genuine thermostat, which was subsequently installed. Remarkably, the car remained in good condition for a period of five years, and the subsequent owner has continued to possess it for an additional 18 months.