The problem code P2297-P2a00 pertains to a diagnostic issue with the 330d vehicle model.

VWDaveBMW

The vehicle exhibits a fault code of P2297-P2a00, resulting in a stumbling and stuttering sensation when the engine is cold and operating at consistent speeds between 1000-1500 rpm. No warning lights are illuminated on the dashboard, and there seems to be a possible exhaust leak, but this observation is uncertain.Assistance and guidance, please, individuals of both genders.
The vehicle in question has accumulated a mileage of 111,888 miles and has a comprehensive maintenance record from BMW, including regular oil changes conducted at intervals of 6,000 miles. I kindly need guidance from those knowledgeable about the whereabouts of the sensor.

One possible cause of stuttering in a vehicle might be a malfunctioning exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve.
The pre-catalytic oxygen sensor is positioned in the engine compartment, specifically between the turbocharger and diesel particulate filter (DPF).

Several individuals, including myself, have had oxygen sensor malfunctions at about 100,000 miles. However, my speech did not exhibit any signs of stuttering or stumbling. It is advisable to prioritize the modification of the aforementioned aspect, since it seems to be the focal point of your coding.

I plan to see an independent automotive service provider today to have them verify the issue as being related to the oxygen (O2) sensor. It is peculiar because there is no malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) illuminated on the dashboard. However, the vehicle emits a rough sound during acceleration, suggesting the presence of an exhaust leak.

I am intrigued to see the resultant consequence. After seeing some recent reluctance, I discovered the same problem code. Additionally, I have seen on bimmerlink that there is a discrepancy between the goal and actual values of the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system. Specifically, when the target value exceeds 50% during cruising and subsequent gradual acceleration, the real value of the EGR does not beyond 50-51%. Consequently, this leads me to suspect that the EGR may be experiencing stuck issues.

The turbocharger and oxygen sensors located before the catalytic converter were replaced. Additionally, the EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) cooler, which had suffered damage and was replaced by the manufacturer as part of a recall, was also addressed. Throughout the duration of my ownership until its sale five months ago, the vehicle operated smoothly and without any issues.