E-400 problems (M276 d30)

Alex1978

Unfortunately, after warming up the engine, I have detected a horrible rattling in the cabin of the e400 cab I just purchased for the mrs. I think the tensioner is broken, therefore I made an appointment to have Star Motors look at the vehicle next week. The beginning of our automobile ownership was not as we had hoped it would go, but such is life.

The audio is embedded below:

Unfortunately, it has not been resolved; the troublesome warranty business was involved. After contacting the private dealer I bought the vehicle from, I was told to contact the warranty provider. I finally gave up and will have to face these people in court sometime this year. It's very bad, since the vehicle has a gorgeous specification, but dealing with these private dealers and their flimsy warranties isn't worth it.

It's a good thing you're suing the dealer and not the warranty provider. You're right that most warranties don't do much of anything, but some unscrupulous sellers still buy them in the hopes that naive buyers won't attempt to sue them. The vast majority of people would have given up and paid to have their automobile fixed, so bravo for persisting.

A similar "package of benefits" cost of £229 was reportedly added by one of the major auto supermarkets to the purchase price of a vehicle. The major "benefit" for the buyer is a six-month warranty with a five-thousand-pound claims limit. Considering that most of the vehicles for sale are just 6–24 months old, are still covered by the manufacturer's warranty, and come with the seller's statutory duties, it's difficult to see the value in the £229 bundle. I would wager that the typical automobile buyer believes he or she is making a worthwhile investment.