Rubber, Please, in Green

SkippyTom

(S-Class W221, S-350L, 2011)
A lot of green stuff (algae?) is growing on the inner rubbers (between the door and the window). These rubbers are securely attached to the windows, and I don't want to risk damaging them by prying them off in order to clean the inside. Is there a quick and simple method to make them black again?

image.thumb.png.a217d9e8c0f67b34daa55f13f1b52b97.png

If you roll the window all the way down, you may be able to reach down and clean it with an old toothbrush. Green algae on soft tops may also be treated using Milton sterilizing liquid, which is designed for use with baby bottles. Obviously, thorough testing comes first.
Recently, I had something quite similar installed on the door of my runabout, and it was really easy to remove, clean, and reinstall. However, it wasn't a Mercedes; it was a tiny Alfa Mito.

Much obliged for the insight. I have a vehicle, but I seldom use it and it sits in the driveway. Same here, but just on the wall-adjacent side of the vehicle. That side of the automobile probably remains wet for a longer period of time than the other.

We have nice information here.

Brushing in diluted Milton fluid and washing it off removes any little buildup of algae off the top of my cab. Then, to give the rain and water a fantastic beading appearance and richer color, I use Fabsil gold.

The same method is used to remove the algae from the window rubbers. Will give the vinegar a shot on the rubbers however.