Is it possible that the automobile is locked and the doors cannot be unlocked from the inside?

I have just found this.
I went shopping and as I got out of the car, I immediately grabbed a shopping cart and hit the lock button on the key fob without paying attention to anything else.

The wife is still in the vehicle, laughing.

Putting laughter aside...
She said that I was unable to go.
All attempts were unsuccessful.
Are you referring to the door lock mechanism?
Are you referring to the door handle?

This is incorrect.
Is there anything that I am not understanding?

Let's not be too impulsive.I had a notable sense of happiness for an unknown cause. However, when pressing the button, the situation abruptly changed, resulting in a contrasting outcome.

Due to the car's inability to identify the key, all of its functions are non-operational. I had a Mondeo that was equipped with a dual locking mechanism that prevented the doors from being unlocked using the internal handle. This is an anti-theft security measure that prevents unauthorised access to the automobile. Without this security feature, one might simply shatter a car window to gain in.

Given that it is an anti-theft measure, I find it quite peculiar that one might potentially trap someone inside the vehicle. However, it is advisable to resist the temptation to use this option, no matter how enticing it may seem.

Considering its purpose as an anti-theft precaution, I find it somewhat unusual that it might possibly confine someone inside the car. Nevertheless, it is recommended to refrain from using this choice, regardless of its alluring nature.

Given that the alarm did not sound, it may be inferred that your wife remained still. Alternatively, is there an issue with the alarm? I wanted to provide my opinion on this matter.

However, that does not unlock the automobile, which was my main worry.
The occupant is now trapped inside and the only way to get access would be to shatter the window. However, even if the window is broken, the door would still stay locked.

Is it possible to activate a double press lock feature without using the deadlock mechanism? Previously, this was the situation with my previous Volkswagen. Permitted the doors to be opened inside and disabled the internal alarm sensors.