Mercedes Me - Subscription Renewals

clk320x4

It's time for Merc to charge me for updated maps and remote access data. Although the Remote access costs £68, I am considering purchasing it. Does anybody else renew the mapping membership, which is priced at £119? Equipped with a TomTom in the glovebox and Googlemaps on the phone...

I renewed most of the settings, except maps and traffic due to a lack of satisfaction with the traffic feature. Waze on CarPlay offers features that Comand does not provide.

I do not feel the need for the most recent satnav maps since I come from a generation that relied on paper maps and can navigate without satnav. Many new drivers rely on the latest maps.

I bought the automobile in 2016 and there were just 5 choices available. I can't recall all of them, but one of the features was live traffic. After the first three years, they requested me to renew at a certain price, which I did for two more years.
b Last year, I renewed the same choices for a one-year period at a cost of around £107.
This year, they requested £251 for the same set of 5 choices.
My anger led me to not renew anything, and I have not missed them thus far.

The navigation system was subpar. It used to engage in foolish behaviour. It led my wife off a highway into a flyover and then back onto the highway.
The subscriptions are not well explained throughout the automobile purchase process. My vehicle was obtained via a work arrangement including salary sacrifice, and I was not provided with any information about it. Highly unsatisfactory and plainly deceptive

I purchased a remote and navigation package for my GLC for £204 including VAT for a 12-month period. I prefer the navigation system in my GLC over Waze, despite being in the minority. Mercedes sometimes makes peculiar judgements, but this is not uncommon among car manufacturers.

My weekly dining expenses, which include cover alcohol, are almost the same amount as the rates for the Mercedes, so relatively speaking, the Mercedes costs are not too high.

My wife's annual membership for Microsoft updates costs around £70 and is hardly used.

Unsolicitedly,...

Ms-Office licences are offered in two main ways: Full Packaged Product (FPP) or Electrically Distributed Software (EDS). With FPP, you pay a one-time fee for a perpetual licence, meaning you are limited to the version you purchased. If a new version is released and you want to upgrade, you must buy the new version separately and stop using the older one. Another option is Office 365 (or Microsoft 365), which requires a recurring monthly or yearly payment for the programme. Access to the software is contingent upon maintaining the subscription. However, subscribers are always eligible to update to the newest edition whenever new versions are available.

Additional licence types such as Volume Licencing, Open Licencing (with or without Software Assurance), and Service Provider Licence Agreement (SPLA) are available for enterprises and institutions alone. None of these options have been discontinued.

I agree with you. I rely on Google Maps or Waze for navigation when I need to arrive punctually or when I am unfamiliar with the destination, benefiting from their additional features.

When I am travelling long distances on a familiar road and have more discretionary time, I prefer to utilise COMAND in vehicles that do not have Apple CarPlay.

I simply want a broad estimate of my arrival time and information about any significant delays or road closures to plan an alternative route.

An adaptive best path in real-time is not crucial in certain situations 😁