Device for measuring the concentration of oxygen

The information you are looking for may be located inside a discussion I participated in a few years ago. However, I recommend verifying the accuracy of the information specifically for your vehicle.

A few years back, I saw a code for the o2 sensor on a recently obtained om642 211 vehicle, which appeared on the star diagnostic system. Given the vehicle's satisfactory performance, recent successful MOT, and efficient fuel consumption, I made the decision to refrain from making any modifications. Remarkably, after a span of seven years and 90,000 miles, the automobile remained in the same commendable condition. The automobile consistently passed the emissions tests every year, and its fuel economy was precisely in line with the expected standards for an om642 211 engine.

My concern is that when I accelerate, I have to press the gas pedal harder because it feels like there is an obstruction. I suspect that the O2 sensor may be responsible for this issue, as it could be sending incorrect fuel mixture information. Consequently, the catalytic converter may have become clogged, which could explain the sensation of driving with an obstruction.

The possibility of the O2 sensor being the cause is really improbable, in my view. If I had to speculate, the potential culprits may be the turbo actuator or the back pressure sensor, among others. Frankly, attempting to guess will result in a significant financial loss. It is essential that you connect the automobile to Star in order to identify any potential trouble codes. Certain malfunctions may not display an error number, nonetheless, it remains the first point of reference.

If you possess even a moderate level of proficiency, you might consider purchasing a pre-owned icarsoft MB2 device to detect and identify error codes.
Additionally, there are certain low-cost do-it-yourself tasks that may be performed, such as eliminating and thoroughly cleaning the aperture located underneath the back pressure sensor. This aperture has the potential to get obstructed with debris.
Detach and cleanse the turbo actuator by spraying it, then apply a little amount of high temperature oil to the worm gear.
Perform the "resistor fix" on the intake port motor by adding a 4.7k ohm resistor (Is the resistor priced at £1?)

Thank you, gentlemen. It would be preferable to acquire either the Star or the iCarsoft MB2 diagnostic tools. I believe the back pressure sensor is a suitable starting point for investigation. The tail pipes are completely black, and there is a slight emission of black smoke during intense acceleration. It is possible that the back pressure sensor is responsible for the hesitation or sensation of blockage. When driving normally, the vehicle accelerates initially but then experiences the aforementioned blockage sensation, prompting a downshift and subsequent gear change, only to encounter the blockage sensation once more.

Examined the back pressure sensor and saw a little accumulation of soot in the orifice. Cleaned the sensor, but the issue remained unresolved. Inspected the actuator arm and questioned if there should be any rattling in the linkage or whether it should fit tightly. Please advise.