The first and second shift after installing the Brabus D6 in the 7G Tronic gearbox were challenging.

QuirkEinstein

Upon installing the tuning box and doing many launches before and after, I have observed that my S211 320 CDI now experiences abrupt transitions from first to second gear. If I apply a modest amount of pressure to the throttle in first gear until it changes gears, the sensation is hardly perceptible. While obtaining 0-60 acceleration figures, I engaged in a little application of brake torque by temporarily holding the engine speed at around 1500 rpm before releasing it to initiate the launch. All other shifts are functioning well and without any issues.

The gearbox oil was last replaced around 20 months and 20,000 miles ago by the previous owner, and there were no problems reported prior to the installation of the Brabus box. There are no error codes detected from the gearbox throughout the scanning process. I own a Launch X431 Pro diagnostic apparatus, which enables me to do various operations on the gearbox. However, I lack the necessary knowledge and expertise in this area. Could someone kindly provide me with a guide or direct me to some informative resources? Assuming there are no additional complications, I am inclined to believe that this is really a matter of incorrect mapping, which may likely be resolved by modest tweaks. Does anybody possess any guidance or recommendations?

Have you attempted to do a gearbox reset? I performed that action subsequent to the installation of my own device, since it exhibited excessive kickdown and excessively high revving.

If the car's ECU has been fitted successfully and is functioning well, it typically takes about 60-65 miles for it to fully adjust to the box. Therefore, unless there are noticeable and significant issues, it may be worthwhile to continue using it.

Perform a gearbox reset, however.

What is the method by which you do that? I performed a relearning process on the 1st-2nd adaptation and it seems to be functioning properly now. However, I was unable to induce any undesirable shifting behaviour, indicating that the issue may be sporadic or that I have successfully resolved it.

Although I am pleased that the issue has been resolved, I would want to provide you with the following set of instructions: Initiate Gearbox Reset Adaptive Shifting - Programming Instructions for Do-It-Yourself - MB Medic

I would appreciate your perspective on the D6 since I have just installed one myself, and I am curious whether your experience differs from mine.

After repairing all of my suspension components, I noticed what I first believed to be difficult gear changes in 1st and 2nd gears. However, upon additional examination, I have determined that the issue lies with the gearbox and engine mounts. It is possible that the increased torque has caused damage to the mounts. What are hard launches?

This is really a very astute observation, since it would provide a comprehensive explanation, particularly about the subjective experience. The torque transmitted via the driveline is much greater when shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear compared to other gear shifts. Although I have already changed the engine mounts, it is possible that the issue lies in the gearbox mounts. I would want to understand the reason for the absence of the event when I conducted a further investigation. It is possible that the rubber mounts had significantly cooled down, but the gearbox oil remained quite warm at about 60 degrees Celsius. I will do an investigation - thank you!