The blinking security indicator

jimmy47785

During a recent episode of inclement weather, while operating a motor vehicle, I arrived at my residence and saw the presence of an illuminated automotive icon depicting a locked mechanism, situated prominently inside the confines of the oil pressure gauge. The vehicle owned by my daughter is a 2012 mx-5 model, which has accumulated a mileage of 35,000. The illumination persists in its intermittent pattern and has endured throughout the duration of the night. What are the potential causes of this issue and what are the recommended solutions to address it? An individual suggested that the potential issue may lie with the battery inside the key FOB. The illumination persists in a repetitive manner, regardless of the presence or absence of the key inside the ignition. Thank you for your response.

In the event that the immobilizer system fails to receive a signal from the key fob or has difficulty in maintaining its connection while the engine is operational, it will activate the immobilizer light as a means of alerting the driver of the inability to locate the key fob.

The potential reason of this issue might be a depleted battery in the key fob.

This issue may be attributed to a depleted battery in the key fob.
My viewpoint pertains to automobiles lacking pushbutton ignition systems. It seems that your viewpoint pertains to automobiles equipped with a start button. Could you please clarify your response as either affirmative or negative?

Indeed, we are contemplating several generations.

Moreover, the intermittent illumination of the flashing light serves as a means for the vehicle to communicate to the operator that there may be an issue or anomaly that need immediate consideration and resolution.

I would suggest considering a visit to a Mazda dealership in order to have a diagnostic scan.

The security indicator light on the dashboard exhibits a blinking behavior while turning off the vehicle, but remains unilluminated while in operation. I contacted Mazda, but, their response did not adequately address my query. It is possible that the key is functioning well, but it may be necessary to replace the battery. What are your opinions on the matter?

I have just been aware of a phenomenon that has previously escaped my attention. Specifically, I have seen that the indicator light on my vehicle's dashboard is illuminated while the engine is turned off, but not when the engine is running. However, when contacting Mazda, they indicated that there may be a potential issue. I was dissatisfied with the level of anxiety they instilled in me. I am concerned that if I proceed with my intention to visit that location and allocate a certain amount of financial resources, there is a possibility that the individuals there may engage in activities that might potentially cause damage to my vehicle. Is it typical for the indicator to flash intermittently while the vehicle is not in operation?