14CF00 The positive control deviation of the exhaust gas recirculation control is very high, causing continual issues with my automobile that are frustrating me.

Since my previous visit to the forum, my vehicle has been problematic. It had to go back to the mechanic for swirl flaps replacement, which was rather costly. Although the car initially performed well after this, issues like juddering, surging at low rpm, and poor pick-up have resurfaced. The EGR was replaced, and the vehicle functioned adequately, but not exceptionally, for a few days. The code 14CF00 sometimes appears on my reader, causing the vehicle to enter limp mode and trigger a warning light. I have visually inspected for damaged wires and tested by gently tugging on them. Since I am not getting a spark, I am proceeding with a trial and error approach. I have tested another exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) component as a precaution, but had the same outcome. Today, I cleaned the turbo actuator cover, which seemed to be in good condition. I used contact cleaner to clean it and applied a little amount of high-temperature oil to the gears. After test driving the vehicle and feeling thrilled about its improved performance, I noticed that upon my return the surging and bucking issues resurfaced, with the sole diagnostic trouble code appearing as 14CF00. Is it worthwhile to experiment with a new actuator? Could this code be responsible for the irritating surges and bucking at low engine speeds? I am unsure of what to do next. I have attempted all possible solutions within my means. I cannot afford the expensive swirl flap replacement at the garage, so replacing the actuator seems to be my last option for repair.

I have included images of the actuator and a blue plug that seemed to be unconnected, which is a little worrisome, but it may be intended for a feature that my vehicle lacks.
Any suggestion is always welcomed. Thank you.

I am very inclined to test an air mass metre (batwing). A test in Star involves modulating the EGR valve and observing the air mass response within a certain range. You will get this error code if the value is beyond the specified range. Avoid being lured by inexpensive batwings on eBay since I have never come across a high-quality one. Swapping a part with one from a vehicle known to be functioning properly is a dependable way to test for issues.

Hello, Thank you for your response. I apologise for not having clearer images. The wire/plug was hidden under the wiring harness in the photo (shiny black). I had to carefully extract it. I was hoping this would be a definitive solution, but after thoroughly searching the area, I couldn't locate where it should be connected. I assumed it was for a feature my car doesn't have. The batwing has two Maf plugs and an orange pipe plug, with no additional sockets. The plug was situated under the batwing.

I borrowed the batwing loaner from a vehicle of comparable age. However, after initially improving, it eventually started surging and bucking again. It was worth attempting and it has eliminated a possibility, which is beneficial. Thank you.

When replacing the batwing yesterday, I heard a faint but regular beeping noise in the engine. The noise was not loud and could not be heard inside the car. It sounded like an alarm going off repeatedly. I couldn't pinpoint its exact source. It's possible that something is unplugged.

I have gone there due to your mistake a few times.

1. Are you installing authentic EGR valves? If not, you really should. The inexpensive ones available for purchase are ineffective since they have a short lifespan or do not function properly. They are now on backorder and have been for some time, so we are mapping them out now.
2. The typical cause of this code is an obstructed EGR pipe or a problem with the throttle flap. Metal EGR pipes located at the front of the engine may get clogged with soot, leading to the activation of limp mode or error codes. Remove the throttle flap and pipes and thoroughly clean them. Reset all adaptation data related to HFM drift compensation in the Xentry Diag Actuations menu.

Hopefully, this is helpful.

I appreciate the information and guidance. The EGR is a refurbished Wahler part. The second part of your reply is beyond my current knowledge. I am unsure of the location of the EGR pipe in the front or the throttle flap. I will examine the pipes tomorrow during daylight to see if I can understand them and determine if it is something I can attempt. Thank you

I chose to reinstall the original EGR valve and successfully replaced it without experiencing the coolant leak that occurred in earlier tries. Unable to locate the proposed pipe by BlackC55, I cleared the 14CF00 code and took the vehicle for a spin. The car performed well with no warning lights, showing a considerable improvement from its former condition. After checking my code reader and finding no codes, I drove for about half an hour. The car started reverting to its previous state, feeling like the brakes were being applied intermittently. This made driving uncomfortable and challenging. The car seemed fine for a while but then started jerking several times before I reached home. When inspecting the code reader, no 14CF00 code or warning light was found, indicating a possible issue with the ERG system. It seems that the actuator code is not visible and may need removal for identification, which may be inconvenient. That's my update, making a little advancement.Cheers