Is it normal for the 2007 E500 to move slowly?

Greetings, everyone.

Does your E-class petrol automatic vehicle have a tendency to go slowly forward while it is in gear and you release the brake pedal when stationary?

My 2007 E500 lacks this feature, which is atypical for an automobile?

Thank you.

Do all automobiles possess such capability?....I have never operated a vehicle that did not have this feature. It enables you to go slowly in congested traffic without using the accelerator, and typically prevents the vehicle from rolling backwards on gentle inclines.

Indeed, it is correct. Laugh out loud! Are there any other E500 owners who would want to share their thoughts on the facelift? There are no issues with the codes, and the performance of the vehicle is flawless in terms of driving and shifting.

Are you currently operating in W mode? Initiating motion in the second gear results in less creep. If you are experiencing the additional issue of dragging brakes, in is possible that the combination of these two factors is causing the problem. In S mode, the creep effect should be intensified, although with a reduced maximum creep speed.

When I encounter lengthy traffic lights or similar situations, I choose to either engage the park or neutral gear to prevent my brake lights from excessively bothering the person in the vehicle behind me. The majority of automobiles will go slowly over level terrain.

Applying enough pressure on the brake pedal allows for the pedal to be released while maintaining the braking force. It is uncertain whether this feature is present in all automobiles, but it is functional in my vehicle.

I am familiar with the hold feature of the previous SBC unit. I believe that MB included this feature in the updated models of non-SBC vehicles. However, I am not engaging in that behavior in my own actions...at least not deliberately.

Brake Hold is also included in several newer automobile models, such as our 2019 C Class. However, I have never had a car, regardless of its age, manufacture, size, or engine type, that did not go forward in drive without the application of some kind of brakes, unless it was on an incline.

Indeed, the facelift E500 has a noticeable creeping motion. Similarly to the pre-facelift S211 E500, the S212 E500, S500L, and so forth. This is a conventional automatic transmission function specifically intended for contemporary driving.

To prevent the creeping motion, just apply strong pressure on the footbrake, which will maintain the stationary position until the accelerator is pressed once again.

Apologies, but I am unable to comprehend the reason for the lack of progress in your situation. This query should be sent to an expert in the field of independent or gearbox mechanics.

Once you use it, you will never revert to your previous ways. Initially, it may need some skill - release the brake after coming to a full stop, then apply a quick and forceful tap on the brake pedal. The acronym "HOLD" will be shown on the dashboard.