Clk hinge boot

samr46952

Is it necessary to have a plastic trim in place to protect the carpet where the hinge goes through the boot side liner?
I trust that the provided description of the area is sufficiently elucidating, since I am currently unable to physically access the car to get a photograph.

It is recommended to install a plastic cover on the arm of the hinge. One aspect is the provision of a protective covering for the electrical harness associated with the illumination of the licence plate. I do not recall seeing any objects affixed to the carpet in my vicinity.

I have seen an image in a certain location depicting a plastic trim that serves the purpose of safeguarding the perimeter of the aperture through which the hinge traverses the lining of the boot. The significance of the matter may not be profound, however once I am aware of its absence, it becomes a source of annoyance for me.

There seems to be a potential chance for using a 3D printer in this context. However, it is regrettable that I do not own such a device nor do I possess the inclination to acquire one. Despite my efforts to search the online parts catalogue, I have been unable to locate the desired item. It is plausible that the item in question may be an integral component of the lining. Nevertheless, it is worth noting that I have encountered a video on the platform YouTube that demonstrates the process of removing the aforementioned plastic component.