What is the quality of Imasaf exhaust?

Ortsmatt

Individuals

I am considering the acquisition of a new exhaust system for my 1989 Mercedes-Benz 560SEC, and I have come across the Imasaf product line being offered on the online marketplace platform eBay.

The advertisement is well written; but, has anybody possess practical knowledge with this particular brand? What was the level of fit and quality observed? Approximately 50% of an authentic Mercedes-Benz exhaust system.

I am unable to locate an Eberspacher exhaust system for my vehicle via internet channels, despite it being my preferred option.

Greetings

I am not familiar with the subject matter being discussed.

Authentic exhaust systems manufactured by Mercedes-Benz for these vehicles are rather expensive. Therefore, I would consider exploring the option of acquiring a custom-made stainless steel replica.

The cost of authentic mid and rear silencers for a Mercedes-Benz vehicle is around £1,000, presuming they are made of mild steel.

I have sent an email to Profusion Customs at Heathrow Airport about a stainless steel alternative. I have always harbored a disfavor towards the auditory qualities of stainless steel, as it has consistently shown a tendency to produce a timbre that is reminiscent of tin in my personal encounters.

Kindly express your apprehensions regarding the presence of a tinny sound and inquire about the potential reasons behind it. Ideally, the response received should indicate that this phenomenon is primarily attributed to the utilization of thinner materials in the construction of stainless systems, particularly in the case of silencer skins, as rust prevention is not a concern. Consequently, it is expected that they will provide a quotation that reflects the use of stainless boxes of higher quality, rather than opting for the cheapest generic alternatives available.

The Profusion customs exhaust system, including the downpipes and rear silencers, was priced at around £1500 plus VAT. Consequently, I have proceeded to make an order for the mid and rear Imasaf silencers, as shown in the eBay link provided. I will provide more updates subsequent to the completion of the fitting process.

The Imasaf system was ordered in accordance with the aforementioned link, and the components were promptly delivered from Germany within a commendable timeframe of three days. The individuals at Bmerc hold the belief that their products exhibit superior quality compared to the typical offers found at Walker and Kwikfit. However, the ultimate verification of this claim will be determined via the process of fitting. The possibility of using aluminiumised steel, despite its weight of 27kg for both goods, remains a significant consideration.

It is anticipated that the item will be returned expeditiously, maybe by the beginning of the following week.

The installation process was satisfactory, however there is still an occurrence of odoriferous emissions when the windows are open, suggesting that the previous system may not have been the root cause of the issue. The individual is now considering the inclusion of a 'Y' pipe in their analysis.

However, it is presumed that the problem of the emission of exhaust fumes in the 560 has been resolved eventually. I had a similar issue with the 500 I purchased from Ian Keers. I am curious to know the resolution that ultimately resolved the problem with your vehicle. I do not recall seeing that during the test drive of your vehicle, certainly. All necessary repairs and replacements have been completed on the bodywork of my vehicle, including the rear wheel arches, rear screen surround, fresh air vents located behind the rear bumper, rear light gaskets (purchased new from the manufacturer, MB), boot rubber, and wheel arch rubbers (all of which are authentic and sourced from MB). I perceive the emission of fumes when the windows are open, or while the vehicle is stationary and the heating blower is in operation. I am now facing a dearth of unresolved issues, and I am contemplating that the exhaust system may be the only remaining factor responsible. The subject in question exhibits clear signs of aging and structural deterioration, evident via its persistent leakage. However, it has just had a successful MOT inspection, indicating the absence of significant perforations or breaches in its overall integrity. Considering the financial implications associated with acquiring either a stainless or aftermarket mild system, I am hesitant to allocate funds towards this expenditure unless it is the only remaining factor that might potentially be attributing to the issue at hand. Additionally, there have been reports of porous manifolds potentially contributing to this issue, which are known to be much more costly. The situation is concerning.

Do you own any ideas?

Sincere compliments and profound gratitude are sent for your invaluable assistance.

Unfortunately, the strategy has been rendered unfeasible.
Regarding the matter at hand, I would want to inquire about your stance on the "ancient rusty micro-porous manifold" idea, which posits that both manifolds need to be replaced at a significant cost. Alternatively, are you suggesting that I disassemble the components and reseal the junction between the manifolds and the down pipes?
Upon first observation, it is evident that access is very restricted. However, I want to do a thorough examination when the opportunity arises to have it positioned on the ramp.

Apologies, gentlemen - It has come to my attention that an introduction of myself has not been provided, therefore leaving all of you unfamiliar with my identity. The individual's behavior exhibited a lack of politeness.
Indeed,
Greetings. My name is Niel and I now reside in North Devon. I've purchased a 1987 500 SEC from a club member (not this club - the other club) around three years ago.
I have been systematically addressing the issue incrementally, but with quite modest achievements. The bodywork of the vehicle has undergone restoration, addressing rust issues in all of the SEC's commonly recognized vulnerable areas. As a result, the vehicle's outside appearance has been much improved.
There exist a multitude of other concerns that endure. Typically, I myself do automotive maintenance and repairs for the majority of issues that arise with the vehicles in my family, accounting for around 99% of the tasks. Given that I was in the process of relocating and renovating an older property, I made the decision to entrust my Mercedes to professional mechanics. This choice was motivated by the recognition that certain aspects of the engine's design are relatively intricate, particularly when compared to my limited personal knowledge in this domain. Regrettably, the used strategy proved to be ineffective. After consulting with two independent professionals that specialize in Mercedes-Benz vehicles, I have spent significant expenses, although the condition of my automobile remains unaltered. The vehicle exhibits irregular engine idling, fluctuating cruise control behavior, presence of noxious gases inside the passenger compartment, and a malfunctioning air conditioning system. In terms of fairness towards the vehicle, it can be acknowledged that it continues to function as a dependable means of transportation for regular use, nevertheless the aforementioned issues and additional minor components. Additionally, fuse 15 has shown irregular and unpredictable instances of blowing since its return from the repair shop. Both the local auto-electrician and I have been unable to identify the source of the electrical short, despite extensive efforts. Consequently, I have made the decision to tolerate the issue temporarily. As a precautionary measure, I have chosen to store a substantial supply of white torpedo fuses in the coin tray, with the expectation that the problem may either resolve itself spontaneously or become consistently and predictably recurrent in the future.

I have chosen to use a conventional approach, which involves extensively searching the internet for relevant information. In the event that this method proves unsuccessful, I will proceed by systematically replacing components, beginning with the most cost-effective options. Based on my previous experiences, in hindsight, had I used this approach from the beginning, I could have potentially substituted almost every relay, solenoid, and component (including the ignition control module) located inside the vehicle's engine compartment with authentic parts from the manufacturer, Mercedes-Benz. Consequently, this alternative course of action may have resulted in a more cost-effective outcome. The adage "live and learn" implies that gaining knowledge and experiences is an ongoing process. Additionally, the phrase "all good" suggests a positive outlook on life. Lastly, the statement "you can't take it with you" refers to the notion that material possessions are not carried into the hereafter. Enhancing the driving experience may be achieved by mitigating the presence of pollutants inside the vehicle cabin. Once this objective is accomplished, attention can be directed towards addressing the issue of a lumpy idle.