Concerning the M113 AMG engine's fuel type. (2006 C55) .

Alex1978

I just purchased a C55 because I have always been intrigued by the prospect of a compact sedan with a powerful engine. Back where I reside in the rural, only regular gasoline and diesel are sold at the gas stations. The gasoline filler cap is labeled "Super Unleaded/RON98," and the owner's handbook instructed me to use this kind of gas. The owner's handbook also tells me that I may use Premium Unleaded/RON95 in instead of 98 if I can't find any. It's a 60-mile round trip to the closest gas station that sells 98/99. Is it safe to use 95 in the long run?

I would recommend refilling the tank with a higher octane fuel, namely 98/99, whenever there is a chance to do so while passing.

I am not acquainted with the specific geographical region in question; nonetheless, I surmise that it likely has a considerable degree of remoteness. Moreover, it is plausible to assume that Belfast city, in and of itself, harbors a notable quantity of Shell and Tesco filling stations.

According to my reading, the engine in question is equipped with a knock sensor that is capable of modifying the ignition timing in response to the kind of gasoline being used. In the event of the worst-case scenario, it is anticipated that there may be a marginal decline in performance, while the overall functionality of the engine is expected to remain intact. In order to mitigate any prejudice, I conducted a thorough search across several forums. Observationally, individuals have been seen using performance vehicles from a comparable time period with a long-term fuel octane rating of 95, despite the manufacturer's recommendation of 98. No adverse effects have been reported so far.

In previous decades, older automobile models were equipped with a trim plug mechanism that facilitated the interchangeability of various gasoline grades.

I am curious as to whether the original poster (OP) may potentially undergo a remapping process in order to reduce the performance of a system due to prolonged supply challenges associated with the appropriate fuel.