The F36 model has adaptive shock absorbers and a permanent sports mode.

Ortsmatt

I have installed ACS springs on my F36 vehicle.

The conventional dampers have a little rebound effect while operating in eco/comfort mode, however their performance improves significantly when set to a harsher setting in sports mode. I am interested in exploring the possibility of establishing a permanent configuration for the dampers in the stiffer sports setting, or alternatively, enabling the firmer setting to be applicable to both comfort mode and sports mode.

I own the coding tools Carly, xHP, and Bootmod3, although I am uncertain about the appropriate first steps to do. Has anybody attempted this or can anyone provide any guidance or recommendations?

Despite doing extensive searches, I have had little success in locating substantial information on the subject matter.

The F36 exhibits underdamping characteristics initially as a result of the tailgate's weight. The installation of shorter and stiffer springs, including our own, has the effect of reducing body roll and other related issues. However, it is important to note that this modification might potentially worsen the bounciness of the original, weak dampers.

When financial resources permit, it is advisable to install matching sports dampers or B8 Bilstein dampers as an alternative, if the ACS versions are not within budgetary constraints. Additionally, it is recommended to disable the adaptive damping system via coding.

Thank you for providing the information. Indeed, it seems that changing the dampers would be the most advisable course of action.

I was interested in using coding techniques to permanently enable the sports mode for the dampers, as an affordable alternative.

Inexpensive, as described by a client...

The ACS package effectively provides a comprehensive suspension solution for everyday use, eliminating the need to choose between comfort and sport options, which are seen as subpar alternatives.

The evaluation is characterized by its strictness, although it adheres to principles of fairness.

Greetings,
I have a dissenting perspective.
I had the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) alter the dampers and install ACS springs on my F36 vehicle.
The adequacy of the situation was acceptable; nevertheless, the lack of congruence between the dampers and springs presents a suboptimal resolution.
There are no inherent issues with ACS springs, but, when used in conjunction with OEM dampers, they may not provide an optimal solution.
I have successfully implemented KW DDCs and they are functioning well.
Furthermore, I retain the ability to switch between comfort and athletic modes with a simple button press.
Moreover, there are not two distinct iterations of substandard quality for the designated driver.
The probability of an event occurring. However, this approach may not be viable in cases when financial resources are limited.

It is important to note that the installation of Bilstein B6/B8 suspension components may result in an elevation of the chassis height and an increase in the distance between the tires and fenders. Please refer to the provided video link.

The provided link directs to a YouTube video with the identifier "IlppKcxGWz

I would recommend the Koni Yellow Sport suspension system, since it has the additional advantage of adjustability for enhanced comfort, unlike the Bilstein suspension system. This applies to conventional struts and shocks. If the vehicle is equipped with Adaptive/EDC technology, it is recommended to use either the Bilstein B4-Damptronic or KW DDC coilovers in order to preserve the technological investment.

The fact that the Euro M Sport F30 has a relatively low standard height is not always negative. I would like not to have lowering springs installed on my vehicle in the area where I reside.

I have seen a majority of your video content. The provided information is quite useful. The Ohlins R&T deep dive videos proved to be rather intriguing, particularly in light of my own experience with them on a Golf GTI six years ago. It is hoped that Ohlins has taken measures to rectify the concerns pertaining to the quality of the piston sleeve subsequent to the aforementioned period. The quality of my possessions was lacking, but their handling capabilities were exceptional.

Furthermore, considering you were previously engaged in the discussion thread, I would want to continue our discourse.

Based on previous discussions, it seems that you had a configuration consisting of Eibach springs and Koni red shocks.

I am taken aback by your recommendation of the yellow dampers, since my understanding was that the yellow dampers are characterized by a higher level of stiffness, while the red dampers are generally considered more appropriate for street applications. Have you experimented with both options and developed a new preference?

ndeed, the Koni Red Special Actives, in conjunction with Eibach Springs, are installed on my vehicle. I just transitioned from using the Eibach E10-20-031-06-22 suspension system to the "05" European Eibach kit, resulting in a reduction of the front suspension height from 0.8 inches to about 1.4 inches.

I propose using several configurations based on the information and needs provided to me. Given Lorcan's recommendation of B8's, it may be inferred that he has information pertaining to the vehicle, including its dampers and spring rates. He has a comprehensive understanding of the subject matter, however it should be noted that this may not hold true when his viewpoints are in opposition to mine.
The Koni Yellow Sport suspension system demonstrates superior compatibility compared to the SA's when considering its appropriateness for the B8 application.

The online platform FaRKle! offers informative pieces that go into the technical specifications of the Special Actives and Sport Yellows. There exists a considerable degree of similarity between the two entities in relation to their performance and level of comfort. If an individual prioritizes the comfort of their everyday driving experience, I am inclined to suggest the Special Actives. If an individual prioritizes aggressive driving and/or weekend tracking, they are more inclined to choose for Sport Yellows.

The Sport Yellows have a versatile nature that facilitates a pleasant driving experience during commutes to and from work, while also allowing for the adjustment of settings to accommodate more aggressive driving styles on weekends. It is evident that Sport Yellows do not possess the same level of adjustability as KW V3 coilovers, but they are also not priced at the same level as the V3. The concept of relativity pervades all aspects of existence.

A possible concern arises about the ride height of B8. I personally encountered this phenomenon when modifying my vehicle, the Yellow Peril, a Volkswagen Golf, by installing B8 shock absorbers in conjunction with Eibach springs, resulting in a noticeable rise in the rear ride height. The first dampers, from a technical standpoint, were significantly worn. Consequently, the extent to which this component contributed to the overall rise remains uncertain. Naturally, my allegiance aligns with AC Schnitzer, since I adhere to a set of guiding principles. However, in the event that my beliefs are not aligned with your preferences, I own other ideals and may be open to the idea of selling brands such as Bilstein and KW, among others.

Thank you for providing this valuable information. I am satisfied with my present ACS springs; however, a minor reduction in height would be desirable.

Thank you for all the responses received, which have provided a wealth of valuable information. I am uncertain about the duration of my automobile ownership, which makes me somewhat hesitant to allocate a significant amount of funds towards the replacement of the dampers. This is an aspect worth considering if I want to retain it for an extended duration.

Thank you for your response. Based on the information provided, it seems that the Sport Yellows would be the most suitable choice for your specific requirements. Alternatively, you may also choose the Bilstein B4-Damptronic, or maybe the updated Bilstein B6-DampTronic, in order to retain the Electronic Damping Control (EDC) functionality. Do you believe that either option would have an impact on the ride height?

I may have overlooked the fact that the Adaptive/EDC dampers were there during our last conversation. In this scenario, it is advisable to retain the technological investment made by opting for B4-Damptronic. The B6-Damptronic suspension system is anticipated to have an impact on the ride height, which has resulted in several complaints from individuals over the increased stiffness and harshness of the ride.