Required: E31 ABS Sensor, Rear

Craigbelont

Hello everyone,
I am now engaged in the restoration of a 1994 E31 automobile. Although I have successfully achieved the restoration and the vehicle is now operational, I find myself in a predicament whereby I want a rear ABS Sensor with the specific component number 34521181913.
I have attempted to contact the primary dealership, but it seems that there are no available options inside the United Kingdom. A local BMW dismantler has informed me that Euro Car Parts does not own the desired items either.
I placed an order for a product originating from Germany, but, the transaction was afterwards cancelled. Additionally, I made another purchase from the United States in April, however as of now, the item has not yet been delivered.
I am now experiencing a dearth of ideas and would really appreciate any assistance that can be provided.

We express our gratitude for your input.

The concept of a rocking horse immediately comes to mind.
Regrettably, I am unable to provide assistance at this time. However, it is my goal that another member of the community will be able to provide their support.
I kindly request your attention or assistance.

The user will have the capability to align the two entities or, in the event of an unfavorable scenario, make necessary adjustments to ensure compatibility. I have engaged in this activity on several occasions over the years, mostly focusing on older models. One advantageous aspect of BMW vehicles is the ease of obtaining connections, thereby facilitating the resolution of any potential difficulties encountered in acquiring them.

I have just come upon a pair of items.

The eBay listing offers a functional ABS speed sensor pulse generator for many BMW E23 chassis models, including the 733i, 735i, 745i, and 728i.

Alternatively, one may attempt to ascertain if there are any variations in the mounting plate and reluctor target ring configuration when compared to subsequent vehicle models. This may be achieved by cross-referencing the part numbers associated with these components. If not, there might potentially be a situation where alternative connections can be replaced in a subsequent version that is more easily accessible. The system consists of a pair of wires, and the specific orientation of polarity is inconsequential.

It is inferred that you own a 1995 850Ci.

The wheel carriers for the rear axle are identical components used by both the 1994 850 and the subsequent 840Ci models.
Consequently, it is imperative that the mounting for the ABS pulse generators remains consistent.

The 840Ci has a system of part numbers, which are listed as follows:

image.png.c07be29bb7d7eea99cf357bbb9e666da.png

Do you continue to have difficulties in locating the rear anti-lock braking system (ABS) pulse speed sensors? I am now encountering a similar issue, but with some progress made towards identifying a resolution. As an engineer, I am collaborating with a colleague who manages two automotive repair facilities, both of whom are equally committed to assisting me in identifying an alternate solution. Our plan entails removing the existing sensor from the axle and examining it firsthand, with the intention of finding a suitable replacement. The findings will be posted after the solution has been identified. I have been in possession of my 1994 M60 840Ci for a period of 21 years, and I now have no plans to engage in the act of selling it.

It seems that the original poster (OP) may have been seeking information on the BMW 850Ci model. If the user desires, they may use the connections from the subsequent model, namely the 840ci, and proceed to switch them over. The mounting procedure is same for both variants.

If one has an 840Ci, it is my belief that they may be easily obtained.

In reference to the aforementioned stock item pertaining to the rear anti-lock braking system (ABS) pulse speed sensors. I have ceased my pursuit of an alternate option as I have successfully located a limited quantity of the desired item in inventory. I approached an astute individual at the BMW dealership in my vicinity, requesting their assistance in compiling a comprehensive list of part numbers associated with all e31 models. Subsequently, I proposed the notion of cross-referencing these part numbers, and to our mutual astonishment, it was revealed that they all corresponded to the Bosch part numbers, which incidentally align with the components suitable for my 840Ci M60. Curiously, these same components are denoted as being compatible with the 840i model. I have just acquired two components from Germany intended for the front, and have subsequently placed an order for the left and right counterparts to be used for the rear. If there is any individual who has an interest, I possess the corresponding Bosch component numbers that may be used for the purpose of placing an order. In Germany, BMW has a total of 10 positions available for those aligned with right-wing ideologies and 25 positions available for individuals aligned with left-wing ideologies. Electronic sensors were installed on the 850CSi, however they are functionally identical to those found on earlier models, although sourced from a different supplier.