Jump to content

Condenser problems


AMG33D

Recommended Posts

As we head into winter, I just wanted to stress how important it is that people keep their air conditioners on all winter long. Your gaskets could dry up and let gas escape if oil isn't moving through them.

Put the economy button out of your mind! Every May or anytime the temperature rises over 20 degrees Celsius, I seem to be reading about re-gas. It's getting old. Compared to the cost of petrol, the savings are insignificant. The means at your disposal for charging your system are not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, mine remains set to auto at 19 degrees regardless of the season. It should never be touched unless her ladyship says it should be a little warmer or cooler, but the air conditioner never turns off. Ever. Additionally, it aids in preventing glass steaming and condensation in the winter and speeds up the drying process for wet clothing in the event of a rainstorm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Am I correct in thinking that there is an outside temperature threshold, say 4°C, below which the air conditioner will not turn on? I may have overlooked it, but I didn't see anything about this in my owner's manual under the Climate Control section of my vehicle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...