The 2013 Countryman 1.6 Cooper D has issues connected to the EGR system.

I just obtained a 2013 Countryman R60 1.6 Cooper D that was experiencing a lack of power and was in a reduced performance mode, supposedly due to problems with the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF). The previous owner had the local dealership do an investigation and test several sensors (such as MAP, MAF, DPF pressure, boost pressure, etc.) in an attempt to diagnose the issue with the DPF, which was not indicating any faults. It was discovered that the turbo was damaged because the central shaft had fractured. Subsequently, the turbo has been rebuilt, along with a new oil feed line. Additionally, the EGR valve was removed and thoroughly cleaned, and the DPF was taken out and carefully cleaned.
The vehicle has been rebuilt, but it is now displaying many new fault codes that were not there before. Additionally, it is entering limp mode and the warning light indicating decreased engine power is illuminated on the dashboard. The codes mostly pertain to EGR issues, including 4B81, 40E9, 4C9E, 40A4, and 4987. The automobile will operate for about one mile before experiencing a problem, and it may even have faults while idling. Although all the pipes and hoses seem to be in good condition, I am becoming more frustrated with deciding on the most appropriate course of action. Assistance would be much appreciated.

When removing the diesel particulate filter (DPF) and exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve, it is necessary to modify the software to deactivate these components. These engines often experience timing chain stretch, which may explain the current condition of the DPF. The intake and inlet ports frequently get obstructed with carbon deposits due to the presence of the DPF and EGR back pressure.

Thank you for responding. The intake manifold has been thoroughly cleaned, but it was not excessively obstructed. I am not aware of the specific details of the ports, but I would presume that they were inspected during the removal of the intake.
To clarify, the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) and Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) systems have not been removed and are still intact. It is important to note that these error codes were not there prior to the repair of the turbocharger, which is why I am unable to comprehend what would have caused the problem.

The 4987 dpf temperature sensor has malfunctioned, which will hinder the regeneration process. It is likely that the sensor was damaged during the cleaning of the dpf. Personally, I have not had success with dpf cleaners as they do not eliminate the silica type dust from the filter. The 40A4 egr valve needs to be replaced and discarded. Currently, there is a recall for egr valves by BMW. It is possible to have the car repaired for free under the recall and argue that the valve has caused the other issues related to carbon buildup. This would be a valid point to make.

Fortunately, there was no discharge of oil in either the intake or exhaust. During the cleaning of the car's DPF, I saw that the temperature sensors were taken out. However, I also noted that one of the sensors had previously been replaced. However, it is the older one that is now being highlighted. I believe it is likely the valve. It is unfortunate that it was not done when the rest was disassembled, since it seems to be difficult to remove. Do you believe that both the cooler and the valve might be responsible for the issue? While deletion may seem like a more favourable choice, it is important to understand the process and if it can be done independently (except the ECU reprogramming, of course). Thank you for the guidance, very appreciated.

You may get a pre-made blank off plate on eBay. It is inserted into the area where the EGR cooler connects to the intake manifold. However, it is important to reprogram the ECU to prevent any fault codes from being triggered. It is advisable to completely remove the DPF and EGR systems for optimal performance.