The fuel rail pressure sensor.

After replacing the sensor, I saw that no gasoline was being released from the rail. Is it typical for the engine to need extensive cranking in order to start, considering the delay? Additionally, I have seen that the engine is running somewhat unevenly after the sensor replacement. Is this to be expected? Thank you.

There is no need to reset them, particularly if you are not experiencing any issues.

After replacing the mass air flow (MAF) and oxygen (O2) sensors in my 116i, I did not reset them since the vehicle performed well and achieved much improved fuel efficiency.

I used the same sensor type manufactured by Bosch. As a novice in this field, I am perplexed by the fact that the fuel rail was devoid of gasoline. This might perhaps be attributed to my action of inadvertently damaging one of the injector lines while attempting to assess the pressure. The car's performance is satisfactory, however it may have a little delay in acceleration at startup, likely caused by the presence of residual air that has yet to be ejected.

Regarding this ongoing situation, I apologise for the inconvenience. After installing the new sensor, I attempted to start the device earlier. It required a significant amount of cranking, and when I took it for a run, it exhibited a slight lack of responsiveness. I turned it off and attempted to start it again, and it was still sluggish. However, it eventually started and reached the normal idle speed. I then reinstalled the old sensor, and the device started without any issues, and everything is currently functioning properly. We welcome any suggestions or insights.

I have been examining the Autophix Enhanced 7910 Full-System Code Reader, which is specifically designed to be compatible with BMW vehicles. Although it offers a wide range of features, its price is around £130. Will it be effective?