The occurrence of a water leak

DSM10000

It is anticipated that the drains located under the windscreen wipers are obstructed by accumulated debris.
Attempt to insert a slender wire into the rubber conduit that extends from the grilles situated on both ends, as well as one positioned in the centre.

One possible course of action involves lifting the vehicle's bonnet, taking precautionary measures to shield the Sam and fuse box located on the driver's side, and thereafter directing a forceful stream of water down the drain.
The space underneath the vehicle should be devoid of any objects or obstructions.

Upon inspection, I was quite aback to see the presence of drips in my findings as well. Water infiltrates the wiper arm shaft as it traverses the plastic scuttle. A seal is present at that location; nonetheless, it seems to undergo desiccation. then, the water proceeds down the wiper arm assembly and then descends onto the SAM. The design might be improved. I have just applied a thin layer of silicon sealant on both sides of the scuttle, which is expected to provide assistance. Undoubtedly, the obstruction of the drain channels would exacerbate the issue at hand. However, it is advisable to inspect the seal of the wiper arm.

In my perspective, it seems like the scuttle and the wiper arm are distinct entities, or at the very least, the scuttle is a component of the wiper system. I have observed that on my vehicle, I am able to manipulate the scuttle vertically, while the seal remains affixed to the scuttle rather than the wiper arm. I am unable to discern the manner in which it connects to the scuttle, but I must admit.

Upon conducting an online search, it seems that the components in question are indeed distinct and are often referred to as wiper arm spindle seals. However, I am unable to locate an e class vehicle, suggesting that I may need to get one from an authorised dealer. In order to install the component, it will be necessary to detach the wiper arm. If the wiper arm cannot be easily removed, a puller may be required to detach it from the spindle. I have managed to cope without certain resources or provisions in previous instances.