The engine does not turn over and the vehicle does not start.

Good evening everyone, I hope you are all in good health.

I have just had the Insignia A 2011 Elite ecoflex ss for 2 months, and it has not been a satisfactory experience so far. After a few days, I received a service vehicle soon message and my car finally entered limp mode. I decided to take it for a drive on the highway when the dashboard displayed a message to keep driving. This action eventually resolved the problem, but the service vehicle soon message continued to show without the vehicle entering limp mode again. Performed a diagnostic using a Snap-on kit and identified a faulty DPF sensor. Replaced the sensor and conducted the necessary calibration. The vehicle operated smoothly afterwards, however, the "service vehicle soon" warning continued to appear when decelerating, but disappeared when accelerating. Shortly before my planned trip to Devon, the vehicle entered limp mode, despite a 40-mile motorway journey with no improvement. Conducted a diagnostic test and identified a defect with the brake pedal sensor. Replaced the faulty sensor, but the vehicle remained in limp mode. Due to time constraints, left the car overnight. Upon returning the next morning to do more testing, the car failed to start, despite the battery being in good condition. This is an unusual occurrence. The ignition lights are functioning, however upon attempting to start the vehicle, the ignition lights turn out and there is no engine crank. Examined all pertinent relays and cables that were visible and conducted tests on all grounding connections, all of which seemed to be in satisfactory condition. We activated the ignition and applied the probe to the starter, causing it to immediately start. This has left us feeling perplexed. Is it possible that the problem lies in a defective ignition system, immobiliser, poor grounding, faulty wiring to the starter, or a malfunction in the CAN bus? The sole diagnostic fault that was identified was related to the Body Control Module (BCM), which indicated a loss of communication with the ABS system. Apologies for the lengthy message, but I have made an effort to explain to the best of my ability given my little understanding. Apologies for the oversight. I neglected to mention the specific time when the vehicle was forcefully started, and thereafter, it operated at maximum capacity but emitted a significant amount of smoke. I would really appreciate any assistance from you all.

The possible cause might be the starting motor.
The likely cause of your problem is a loss of connection between the vehicle and the ABS module, with no other issues involved.
Have you performed live data analysis on the automobile after the failure to start?
Is it commencing satisfactorily at this point?

Greetings, br1anuk. The mechanic has been occupied with work in the last several days, so little progress has been made so far. If the automobile starts OK when power is directly sent to the starter with the ignition on, but does not turn over by itself, it is possible that the starter is faulty, or there may be an issue with the wiring to the starter or the grounding. However, all the relays are functioning properly. Require a thorough diagnosis for it, using Opcom and perhaps further procedures based on online research. However, the other technician is now on vacation till November, indicating that the vehicle is not experiencing significant issues. We will thoroughly verify everything later today when he arrives shortly after 2pm, including the first steps. If we get any outcomes, I will inform you. Thank you for your assistance. Exasperating.

Discovered this item, which did not seem to be originally installed by the manufacturer. Additionally, both ends of the shrink tube junction had previously been secured by someone else, perhaps due to a similar problem. They replaced the wire with unknown connections and wires, since several connections and two different coloured wires were detected. This was not satisfactory.
In summary, I removed the part and replaced the wire with the appropriate shrink connectors, electrical tape, and cloth tape for a polished appearance. The car now starts without any problems. However, a new issue has arisen where a message appears asking to depress the clutch. This is a new occurrence that has not happened before. After a few attempts, the car starts. It seems that the clutch pedal sensor is malfunctioning and has to be replaced. Once the replacement is done, the system will need to be relearned. Afterward, I will take the car on a drive to initiate a forced regeneration process. May this information be of use to anyone facing a similar problem.

I will provide an update if the issue is totally resolved or if any further problems arise. I hope for a positive outcome.

image.thumb.png.178b390e1381a67bfba599ac1467180a.png

I successfully installed an authentic clutch pedal sensor (£28) without requiring any relearning, and everything seemed to be functioning well. Anticipating a period of trouble-free driving