The problem codes present on the 2008 Mini Cooper Diesel are 41A4, P0402, 4507, and P14A6.

BEERMAN

Hello, I appreciate that this question may have been asked before, but I am now facing difficulty comprehending the issue and the associated code.

The vehicle operates well, but sometimes enters a phase where its power output is reduced by half. Interestingly, no warning lights are shown during this occurrence. However, after around 5 minutes of driving at or below 3000rpm, the car regains its full power and resumes normal operation.

During the last occurrence, I was prepared with my code reader, and the following codes were shown while the vehicle was experiencing difficulties: 41A4, P0402, 4507, P14A6. These codes are related to DPF pressure and EGR. The Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) system is functioning well, and the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) has accumulated about 10,000 miles of use (the turbocharger was also replaced at that time). The engine has accumulated 76,000 km and receives regular maintenance, including flushing and other necessary services. After exiting half power mode, I deleted the codes and rechecked the system, but no codes were detected. It is worth noting that the code reader I used is CarScanner, which, while not the most advanced, has proven effective in resolving most issues on this and other vehicles.

Do you have any suggestions or thoughts? Thank you.

The EGR valve commonly experiences failures over time. If it becomes stuck due to the need for cleaning, it is likely that you would have driven with this issue for a while, resulting in the DPF becoming filled with soot. The system reaches a point where it becomes so blocked that it cannot undergo regeneration. It may be necessary to connect a diagnostic tool and initiate a forced regeneration while driving. This process typically requires a passenger to initiate the regeneration through the diagnostic tool. It is important to perform this procedure on a motorway, as it requires a minimum of 30 minutes of maintaining the engine speed at 3000 revolutions per minute to achieve optimal results.

To initiate a regeneration process on these cars, it can only be done while driving. However, for all PSA cars with the same engines, the regeneration can be performed immediately. This process involves setting the engine revs at 3400 for a duration of 40 minutes. Therefore, when using a tool that supports regeneration, it can only be done while on the road. AliExpress offers Autocom CDP Plus diagnostic tools for approximately £50. These tools are capable of performing regeneration and reading all codes, including ABS, on most cars. It is highly recommended to invest in this tool as it provides excellent value for money.

I visited my nearby automotive repair shop and requested them to do a diagnostic check on my vehicle. Yesterday, a glow plug relay failure was detected and subsequently resolved.

The automobile emitted a significant amount of substances from the exhaust and has been operating more smoothly without any malfunctions or reduced power. The cause of this improvement is uncertain.

I believe it is necessary for me to cover a few further kilometres before concluding that the issue has been resolved.

If you encounter a fault code related to the glow plug relay, it will hinder the regeneration process of the diesel particulate filter (DPF), resulting in the accumulation of soot in the exhaust system. The relay is often indicated as the cause of the issue, since it fails along with a portion of the circuit.